LegacyGT.com

Missfire on cylinder 1, 3,4

I've looked at a bunch of threads but I'm sick of searching for them. Just wanna hear some advice and experience on how someone resolved a missfire on a cylinder. I don't have the car but I'm on the fence of buying it pending the cost of repair. Any input?

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I'm just adding to my thread a new problem for the sake of starting a new thread elsewhere. I had a misfire in cylinder 2 and 3... Took it to a friends shop and they replaced the faulty coil packs on cyl 2 and 3 and replaced all 4 plugs. Get it back and the car runs fine for 3-4 days and then starts running funny and when i accelerate up a hill or something it would sound like somethings grinding and the CEL came back on as well as my blinking cruise control but I know thats a failsafe or something so you dont use it. Two nights ago I go out to get drunk and the car breaks down on me and wont start. Basically I got home by flooring the gas and the car could only go about 4 miles an hour. The day before this I went to auto zone and ran codes and came up with the following:

MAF air flow circuit low input

Intake air temp circuit high input

Camshaft position A - timing over advance or performance Bank 1

Camshaft position A - timing over advance or performance Bank 2

Yesterday I changed my oil, started it up and my car was pushing tons of white smoke out the tail pipes. I'm lost. Who can help me please??

Hm...I would rule out the possible problematic areas.

Check/clean the MAF sensor and intake components. Possible air leaks?

Not sure about the camshaft one.

And you should've gotten a ride home or called a tow truck. Given what you did, you may caused more problems then it did.

I have no control over drippie.

When was the last time the timing belt was changed? It could be that it skipped a tooth. To me it sounds like something is really seriously screwed up. Could also be head gasket? That would cause white smoke. Does the smoke smell sweet?

When was the last time the timing belt was changed? It could be that it skipped a tooth. To me it sounds like something is really seriously screwed up. Could also be head gasket? That would cause white smoke. Does the smoke smell sweet?

I have no idea when the timing belt was changed last i just got this car about 4000 miles ago and I'm thinking that it is a head gasket but I dont think the smoke smells sweet

Archived