LegacyGT.com

Learning View of 2006 LGT - Comments appreciated

I cleaned the MAF about a week ago do to cold starting issues, and rough idle. I would appreciate any comments on the following learning view I pulled today. I purchased the car used, and it has an spt exhaust and intake. As far as I am aware, the car has the stock ecu program, and has not been tuned.

-Nick

16159082_LearningView_SS_3-4-2012121935PM.jpg.d2342f75f24c826ca1ff821d101342e5.jpg

Thank you for the comments. Looks like I need to get rid of the intake :]. Does the SPT intake generally cause lean conditions? I generally drive nicely since gas is 4.20 here, but this engine has been pulled to replace valves once for the previous owner and once for me. The dealer insist its the nature of the ej25 turbo. However, the 3000gt's 6g72 never seemed to have any problems getting beat on daily. I think I am being feed a line, but subaru engines are fairly new to me. Thanks again.

Nick

:lol:

Thank you for the comments. Looks like I need to get rid of the intake :]. Does the SPT intake generally cause lean conditions? I generally drive nicely since gas is 4.20 here, but this engine has been pulled to replace valves once for the previous owner and once for me. The dealer insist its the nature of the ej25 turbo.

^wow.. scary.

its not only the spt, but any intake with improper MAF scaling (aka, untuned) will cause a lean condition. that spt happens to have a particularly bad reputation however due to a bend pre-sensor that causes inaccurate mass air reading.

what people dont seem to understand is that the oem snorkel/airbox is in fact a cold air, and is sufficient even up to some stg3 setups.

I feel like a broken record saying this in almost every thread ive read lately related to this, but it never ceases to amaze me how many people run a completely unnecessary intake on the stock tune or stg2 off-the-shelf maps.

Apologies if that sounded rant-ish, but this type of thread, and the "omg my turbo blew which one should i pick?" threads are really starting to get past the point of annoying.

Pull the intake off, put the oem box back on, run your catback, and save up for some worthwhile safe mods that you AND your car will enjoy.

-Jake

I appreciate the feedback. The car was purchased used with brembo breaks, spt exhaust and the spt intake. I was just looking from honest feedback from a forum of enthusiast. I love the car, I just want to get it in safe running order. I wasn't aware of the previous issues with the vehicle (burnt valves). The carfax came back clean, and sold by a large reputable chain here. Jake, I apologize if I agitated you, I am definately a noob, I appreciate the advise. I will keep an eye out on the classified ads here and on ebay, and replace the spt intake as soon as possible.

Thanks again.

Nick

Archived