LegacyGT.com

Got the custom exhaust installed..noticed something..

So I got the exhaust installed today..I will post the pics tomorrow or Sun.. I got 3" mid, 2.5 at the Y out of 2 2.5 N1 Style canisters..looks sweet..but here is the deal..Mine is a 5EAT, and now when I hard gas it will almost redline through all gears, I have to release my foot off the gas through all gears...Anyone know why?? Also is there a cat in our midpipe?? The guy said he took a cat out, but I think it might have been the resonator....

So I got the exhaust installed today..I will post the pics tomorrow or Sun.. I got 3" mid, 2.5 at the Y out of 2 2.5 N1 Style canisters..looks sweet..but here is the deal..Mine is a 5EAT, and now when I hard gas it will almost redline through all gears, I have to release my foot off the gas through all gears...Anyone know why?? Also is there a cat in our midpipe?? The guy said he took a cat out, but I think it might have been the resonator....

I think you just have to shift earlier than you have been used to.

For torque off the line, request a shift at 3500-3700RPM since it peaks at 4000RPM, and you will have leeway till redline.

For power on the highway, request a shift at 4900-5100RPM since it peaks at 5400RPM, which is enough leeway since the engine would rev slower in higher gears.

http://cobbtuning.com/legacy/images/ap-lgt-stage1.gif

I keed I keeed

Do you have any downpipe or uppipe changes? The second two cats are in the downpipe. He removed the resonator. Its got an odd look-could look to be a cat to some people. How loud is it w/o the resonator?

I am aware of the governer being removed, I am concerned with the rev limiter..Prior to the exhaust install the vehicle would shift itself around 4500-5500 RPM..but now it dips into the red.. what could cause this..could it possibly be a back pressure issue??

Any time a car with an auto trans is markedly quicker than stock, you need to increase the shift speed along with it. Does it hit the limiter when it's in "sport" mode? If it doesn't, the normal mode may be too slow now.

Sounds like the auto guys need to start looking at ways to increase shift firmness (line pressure) and speed (usually requires electronic mods). While you're at it, you'll need a nice torque converter too. The right one will take a full second off your timeslips and lose nothing in drivability.

oh man..I had to beg the boss (wife) just for this...am I looking into having to keep it in sports mode?? I am gonna install the new v1.10 maps from AP to seem if it assists at all..but I still must say the exhaust sounds farging SWEET!!

record and post.

Please

While you're at it, you'll need a nice torque converter too. The right one will take a full second off your timeslips and lose nothing in drivability.

No free rides you always lose something. With a converter your city gas milage will take a hit. For most the loss is worth the gain though.

I had my custom cat back installed 3 days ago and got to do a rolling full throttle excelleration run up to 100 going into work this morning. I've been running AP base map Stage 1 93 for a couple months now. Ambient air was cool and dense at 55F and 30.00" pressure. The 5EAT in sport mode shifted 2-3 and 3-4 flawlessly as rpms approached 5500.

The ECU's rev limiter should kick in if you are truly pushing into the red. You'll know it when it happens. I hit it one time a while ago while trying to get a feel for the manual shift mode and wasn't quick enough on an upshift.

No problems here, in sport mode my car shifts @ 5900:) I will be installing the unorthodox pulleys on the 5th. I will be interested to see how much quicker the car rev's through the powerband;)
Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Update...Actually allowed vehicle to shift on its own, and it was all in my head...The vehicle is actually shifting around 6100-6250 RPM... I actually have pictues to load..Also, When I opened my trunk today they actually had put pieces back in my car..Here is the problem there is a mystery pipe w/ a cat and 02 sensor bung from the OEM setup, but I don't know what the hell it is..there is a pic of it also, so help me if you can..:D

Archived