LegacyGT.com

My new 97 Legacy GT and some questions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm a chevy person too. I also have a completely original 86 Camaro Z28. At 165 horsepower and 250 lb-ft of torque it's a bit underpowered (especially being an auto and having long gearing) but it's still faster than my Subie.. I can't stand driving it in anything but dry weather though. And as much as I am a fan of the LS engines, my absolute favorite engine is the 1969 Z/28 302. I built one from the ground up and it's been sitting in my garage waiting to be put into something. I'll eventually get around to picking up another 3rd gen Camaro to put it into. But that won't be until I've finished with my Subie.

Hell yeah man! I'm a 383 stroker fan myself! Lsx is so awesome tho! Your camaro sounds sooooo awesome. Drooling right now... but hey.... who says the 302 Chevy and the subie can't be the same project!:lol: LOLOLOL!

There is a super cool thread where this Canadian guy throws a big ass Buick engine in his third gen subie. He has access to a cool machine that can make any part he wants, lol. And he is very knowledgeable about cars. It's on this site I think.

Hell yeah man! I'm a 383 stroker fan myself! Lsx is so awesome tho! Your camaro sounds sooooo awesome. Drooling right now... but hey.... who says the 302 Chevy and the subie can't be the same project!:lol: LOLOLOL!

Check out our 3rd gen Camaro thread lol

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/3rd-gen-f-body-car-talk-173301.html?t=173301

There's a picture of mine in there, as well as a description of my 302 somewhere in it..

And well, a V8 sound coming from a Subaru just seems weird to me. I know a guy who threw a LS1 into a 350z and it just sounded wrong.

Lol Idk man I was driving my dads gmc denali one day(this.is.relevant because if you know denalis you can't hear anything outside when.the windows up) in town one day and.say a really sweet rx7 cruisin down the street rolled down mywindow to hear that deep bubbly sound of a cammed v8. Later found out it was an anything-but-stock LT1 pulled right out pf an old camaro. Practically crapped my pants out of jealousy lol. I've always want to build a newer 2wd chevy colorado and put the LS2 6.0L with the six speed Trannys in it:) slam it. Cam it. And take it to the strip=) an 18 year old kid can only dream so big tho

Edit: ironic that you showed me that post tho since I'm a jeep guy too! Ive been through 2 bone stock ZJ 'S one v8 and on inline six. Fell in love with the i6. Great motor.

• I Donated
There is a super cool thread where this Canadian guy throws a big ass Buick engine in his third gen subie. He has access to a cool machine that can make any part he wants, lol. And he is very knowledgeable about cars. It's on this site I think.

Yeah, he is running a 3.8GM engine with Megasquirt controlling it

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Did you mean, "Two bone stock JZ's" as in the Toyota infamous 1JZ and 2JZ inline 6? :confused:

Nope.. two none stock zj's as in jeep grand Cherokee. I had a 93 v8 and a 98 4.0L i6

Archived