LegacyGT.com

wideband location ?

jaxx4k

The distance doesn't affect accuracy per se, a lot of dyno shops will use a sniffer in the tailpipe. There is however more delay between a combustion event and it being measured by the sensor the further away it is from the exhaust ports. For this reason I wouldn't mount so far back if for example I was using it for closed-loop fueling. For logging at typical K-line speeds I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Thanks fahr_side! On the Zeitronix instructions it says, "Recommended installation requires welding the O2 sensor bung in the down pipe at least 16" away from the turbo." I find it odd that the only options are either up top or the rear bung when ideally it should be right before the bend. I'll see what Shamar has to say when I send him the data, but I'm thinking thing things will be fine using the rear port.

I've got a shot. What dp are you running. I've got the invidia and because it has a divorced bellmouth, the wbo2 is not centered. Take a look. Been running the original sensor probably close to 2 years and still no problems with erratic readings.

http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n29/joeleodee/IMAG0266.jpg

Sensor has to be off centered to clear the divorced bellmouth. I Run the same DP and the sensor in the same location. It's only been a few months but no problems so far. I'm glad to see someone else has theirs this way, I thought it was a funny spot.

• 6 months later...

Archived