LegacyGT.com

3.0R pride!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
i got it off ebay after reading up about it on a few internet sites.

here is a link

WR Intake Kit

Hmmm..but it seems that you bought an additional part to increase the air flow plus a silicon connector? Is that necessary? I am new to this modding department. :lol:

That intake looks suspect and I would stay FAR FAR away from it! :lol:

That exhaust idea is SPOT ON! delete the merge cat (make sure you have a sufficient metered cat) and add in straight pipe. She will scream up top!

That intake looks suspect and I would stay FAR FAR away from it! :lol:

That exhaust idea is SPOT ON! delete the merge cat (make sure you have a sufficient metered cat) and add in straight pipe. She will scream up top!

I did a google search and seems like the intake is meant for Subaru outback 3.0R and the company is here in California. It looks legit though.

I did a google search and seems like the intake is meant for Subaru outback 3.0R and the company is here in California. It looks legit though.

That may be true but ask the maker for a log of the intake pointing out MAFv throughout the RPM range. There is a reason Subaru stopped making SPT intakes for turbo cars and NO intakes work (besides the hybrid type) for the N/A Subaru crowd without a downside.

If it has been tested and works fine then go for it :)

That may be true but ask the maker for a log of the intake pointing out MAFv throughout the RPM range. There is a reason Subaru stopped making SPT intakes for turbo cars and NO intakes work (besides the hybrid type) for the N/A Subaru crowd without a downside.

If it has been tested and works fine then go for it :)

Thanks for the input. I shall email them later today and see what they say. :)

it is legit! haha yeah, its an american product. the outback 3.0R and liberty/legacy 3.0R engine bays are the same. i bought a 90 degree intercooler bend because the pod filter was too close to the fender and i wouldnt have been able to fit the cold air piping onto it.

and come on GEE OTTO, i wouldnt have recommended it if it didnt work on my car :D

it is legit! haha yeah, its an american product. the outback 3.0R and liberty/legacy 3.0R engine bays are the same. i bought a 90 degree intercooler bend because the pod filter was too close to the fender and i wouldnt have been able to fit the cold air piping onto it.

and come on GEE OTTO, i wouldnt have recommended it if it didnt work on my car :D

Ive seen what bad intakes can do just making sure :lol: And i was at fault as that knowledge is based purely off H4 Subarus the H6s' ECU may not care as much :)

i think it might, but because my car is so old the stock cats would be fudged to say the least anyway. so by swapping out the two cats closest to the engine with some high flow, it will give a little power increase.

with the third cat, the exhaust comes from two pipes, into the cat, then exits with one pipe. by deleting, it would just be replacing the cat with some pipe work, making the exhaust pipes come from two to one

http://i.imgur.com/d1tNP.jpg

that isnt my car, someone elses 3.0R but its what im planning on doing.

it also helps with the drive by wire problem

Heya, I am in the process of preparing parts for my car and I went to do some reading. Does the 3.0R have 3 cats? And if I install the new extractor that "Tradewind" is working on, I will have to delete one cat? Is it possible for me to keep all my cat? Or maybe swap it with a highflow cat?

the 3.0R has three cats yes, and the extractors that "tradewind" is developing just replace the stock ones so you wont have to delete any cats. but a common mod for the 3.0R's in australia is to delete the 3rd cat where the two pipes merge into one.

• 5 months later...
Not exactly too sure about the USDM models, but the AUDM/JDM models only have the O2 sensors before and after the front two cats. deleting the 3rd cat gives low down acceleration a smoother ride

Alright, I know the usual drill. If you want more power, go get the LGT. Yes, I know it is significantly cheaper for me to just get a LGT and mod it. But some part of me just doesn't want to give up on the 3.0R engine. I know previously I created a thread about increasing the power of a N/A engine but after many months of research, I am pretty certain that there isn't an aftermarket manufacturer that supporting the 3.0R trim; both local and foreign.

So, I have a few grand to spare and I want to increase the power of my 3.0R. I have no idea where to start. Some people mentioned something about ripping the engine out and changing the internals. What internals am I suppose to be specifically be looking at changing? I am avoiding the raptor supercharger route as it is way out of my budget range ($6,900). I am looking to keep everything under $4,000 and increase the power significantly. Maybe 280whp or something.

I believe it was Perrin who swapped a 3.0 into a 2005 STi turbocharged and tuned it to a "conservative" 500whp.....there is no way I am giving up my 3.0, eventually a turbo or SC will find it's way onto my H6.

^ hope you have deep pockets

It won't be overnight.... I put about $14k worth of parts into my WRX over 7 years, I had it just the way I wanted it, then it got stolen, $10K worth of damage to it.

It is all good, I wanted another Legacy anyways and I should be able to sell or salvage $4000-$5000 from the WRX which will go into the 3.0R.....the Enkei wheels and Toyo Proxes have already been xfered over. And I am try I am looking at saving up for about a years for a raptor SC.

Raptor also makes headers for the 3.0l, they show an increase of 15% power to the wheels from the dyno results....but who knows what else they have done to the car other than the headers. I am hoping for maybe 10% from the headers. 25whp increase is 35-40 to the crank which should be noticeable.

If I can get it to 270whp with the SC I will be happy, that is what the WRX had and although the 3.0 is about 400lbs heavier it should still be fun!

there is a member on the australian site who got around 245hp and just over 520 ft lbs at the wheels, and that was with a very basic tune. obviously upping the boost and adding an intercooler would see far greater results!

Im hoping for a single turbo conversion once i finish all my supporting mods, aiming for a gt35r or similar turbo :D

there is a member on the australian site who got around 245hp and just over 520 ft lbs at the wheels, and that was with a very basic tune. obviously upping the boost and adding an intercooler would see far greater results!

Im hoping for a single turbo conversion once i finish all my supporting mods, aiming for a gt35r or similar turbo :D

could you tell me about this one BASIC tune - 245hp at wheels,pls?it is a LOT of power,i am supercharged and 272hp at wheels.if there is some tune it will be so perfectly...

245whp tune is possible without SC. You just need a CI and cold weather + modified exhaust.

Whoever said that the stock intake is good, sorry he is wrong! It is only good after 200km/h cause of the steady smooth flow. WR intake is good, use the one for outback which I have used. Right now I am using Kakimoto champer and intake pipe with a K&N filter, good but expensive!

245whp tune is possible without SC. You just need a CI and cold weather + modified exhaust.

Whoever said that the stock intake is good, sorry he is wrong! It is only good after 200km/h cause of the steady smooth flow. WR intake is good, use the one for outback which I have used. Right now I am using Kakimoto champer and intake pipe with a K&N filter, good but expensive!

from dyno results the 3.0l legacy shows 26% parisitic loss in power, however it isn't listed if that is with the 5 or 6 spd. to get to 245whp you would need about 85 hp to the crank.

The Raptor headers show 25whp increase (about 33bhp). I don't know the figures for a CAI on a EZ30, but you could squeeze 30-35 bhp with a good header back and highflow cats, so headers and header back 63bhp....can you get 22bhp out of a CAI?

There is still throttle body and fuel pump upgrades that you could get maybe 10-15hp

It is definitey posible to get 245whp NA

Why pump upgrade? Stock pump is good for NA, but you got to have at least 1/2 tank.It depends on your tuner weather to upgrade or not, I believe it would be 145lph, the one for WRX IIRC. Its benefit comes in hi revs.

Pleasure Racing do have a throttle body, was thinking to buy it. I don't know actually how would that help hp much. They do have a better alternator too, and a racing pulley which I have fitted :)

Archived