LegacyGT.com

Wax

Th3Franz

Seeing as i'm a fairly lazy person, who is also a bit of a perectionist, I always find the easy way out. I've always been a "Mother's' user because I can but it down at any parts place, its a decent product, and you don't have to buy it by the gallon like various commercial products. I don't do the whole "3 stage system" they recommend w/ their cleaner, wax, and sealer. What I do is buy the original carnauba wax (the paste in the can, not the liquid squeeze crap), wet a terry towel and squeeze it until it is just damp, rub that on (it goes extremely easily and I usually can do an entire side at once without a problem), then I just wipe it off with a clean towel, and polish it up a bit with some cheesecloth or polishing rags. It's easy, quick, and seems to hold up fairly well. But whatever you use, just keep that thing shining :wink:

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I still can't say enough about the megiar's NXT. I know it's getting old but I waxed my black truck and even after driving in a rainstorm it still looks clean and it got rid of the swirl marks it had. (at least I can't notice them) I had already waxed the GT with the Meguiar's Gold Class but I'll be applying a coat of the NXT real soon. It's also the easiest wax to apply and take off I've ever used with no white dust to make a mess.

Archived