LegacyGT.com

Suspension/ sway & strut bars.

GRIPPN

So i'm super new here. Have had my Subaru less than 3 months. This seems logical to me, but i have to verify. lol. Do all the LGT suspension parts, like springs, and strut and sway bars, fit a regular 2.5i? or are the differences i'm not seeing other than the engine/hood? Any help is appreciated. Thanks :spin:

From this thread in the Naturally Aspirated sub-forum: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/faq-subaru-legacy-2-5i-115322.html

4) Suspension Modifications

All of the Legacy GT suspension components are interchangeable with the 2.5i, as such, all aftermarket components for the LGT will also work in favor for the 2.5i

The only suspension piece that is not compatible is the front sway bar, however Rallitek has been kind enough to fabricate a 2.5i specific front sway bar. It is advisable to use reinforced mounts and brackets when installing sway bars as this has been a noted weak point in our suspension (both the LGT and 2.5i). In addition to the Rallitek front sway, it has been found that the 25mm front sway from the Subaru Tribeca is compatible with the 2.5i, more on that here:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=111718

edit: aftermarket front lower arm bars/underbracing are also not compatible, this is due to different configuration of the exhaust piping and heatshield which prevent the FSB and bracing from fitting correctly.

With regards to the OEM struts, it is generally believed the 2.5i has the same struts with slightly softer valving, but this is unconfirmed. The external housing and suspension assembly is the same however, thus all Legacy GT parts, OEM and aftermarket will bolt right up, including:

-- coilovers

-- aftermarket struts (Bilstein, Konis, Tokico, Ohlins etc)

-- aftermarket springs

-- rear sway bar

-- strut tower bars

-- rear sub-frame braces

-- misc components (LCAs, LCA/steering bushings etc)

-- etc (they all fit)

This is probably the single greatest area that 2.5i owners can take advantage of with regards to aftermarket modifications and is likely the most worthwhile investment for your aftermarket dollars. Coupled with a set of top rubber, the 2.5i can be an excellent machine through twisties or auto-x.

Welcome! Search is your friend :)

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Archived