LegacyGT.com

Protecting spray for exhaust pieces?

BarManBean

• Moderators

Continuing to amass stage 2 parts...taking my time to do it right and do it once. I have an invidia up pipe and will probably pick up a cnt downpipe soon and should be set. I’m pretty set with all new gaskets / adaptors as well.

I'm planning on wrapping both the UP/DP before installation with DEI titanium wrap...already picked it up from a member here and should have plenty for both pieces. A silicone spray will not bond well with the titanium wrap and there is no need to spray a coating on the outside of the wrap. Even so, I would like to coat each piece with a protecting spray of some sort prior to wrapping to hopefully prevent any rust/corrosion.

Any recommendations for what product to use for this? I don’t mind if application takes some time (I have time) but I can’t have something that requires a high-temp cure since I won’t exactly be able to fit a downpipe in my oven…all suggestions are welcome, thanks!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

You are way to OCD. Sorry

Let it go. It's not a show car. Put your money somewhere else that will give you more HP.

Or into better brake pads or may be slotted rotors.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

Well I just ripped the entire aftermarket exhaust off of my car. There was no rust except for the spots where there was leaks, and of course where the bolts were. After 5 harsh winters and me driving in literally every snow storm in the sand and salt to shuttle people up to the mountains, there was not a single bit of rust on my exhaust except for the areas I just mentioned. The rest of the undercarraige of my car is still very rust free.

I suggest you put your money somewhere else. Spend 15 bucks on good hardware. Stainless steel bolts/washers/locknuts for your exhaust setup. Also buy a $7 tube of locktite and coat every bolt with it. Like every bolt, ever made, on everything you ever take off and put on. You will be glad you did.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

• Moderators
You are way to OCD. Sorry.

Quite possibly…along with everyone else here :lol:

Put your money somewhere else that will give you more HP.

I'm talking about $10-15 here...not that big a deal.

why wrap when you can coat?

Because I can’t coat for the same price as wrapping.

Spend 15 bucks on good hardware. Stainless steel bolts/washers/locknuts for your exhaust setup. Also buy a $7 tube of locktite and coat every bolt with it. Like every bolt, ever made, on everything you ever take off and put on.

Will definitely do this, thanks!

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I'm sure he meant to say Loctite Anti-Sieze.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived