LegacyGT.com

Need some help. new to subaru & turbo cars.

Recently purchased a 2006 LGT & i love it!

its been running great, had to replace the alternator belt but other than that no problems

although i do want to get my turbo checked out make sure its in great working condition or possibly just replace it with a new one?

any ideas where i could take my car to get it checked out

or how much would it cost to replace it? i live In San Bernardino, So Cal area.

any advice would be helpful! thnx

m sprank will have good info for you. He's fairly easy to find on here.

I will tell you to check the oil level every few day's and top it off as needed, you do not want to ever let it get low on oil, never ever.

Make sure the banjo filter in the back of the pasenger side head is removed, it starves the turbo of oil.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Why would you want to replace your turbo (unless you mean for one to give more power)? I've never had a problem with my turbo or mostly anything else in the 130K miles I've driven mine. Oil and filter changed twice per 7,500 miles, serviced by a very good subi shop (LIC Motorsports in Novato, California), and still drives like new.

Recently purchased a 2006 LGT & i love it!

its been running great, had to replace the alternator belt but other than that no problems

although i do want to get my turbo checked out make sure its in great working condition or possibly just replace it with a new one?

any ideas where i could take my car to get it checked out

or how much would it cost to replace it? i live In San Bernardino, So Cal area.

any advice would be helpful! thnx

m sprank will have good info for you. He's fairly easy to find on here.

I will tell you to check the oil level every few day's and top it off as needed, you do not want to ever let it get low on oil, never ever.

Make sure the banjo filter in the back of the pasenger side head is removed, it starves the turbo of oil.

ill look him up. i just did my oil change a couple weeks ago & i check it every other day.

as for the banjo filter ill have to look more into that cus i have no idea what that it -_- lol

Why would you want to replace your turbo (unless you mean for one to give more power)? I've never had a problem with my turbo or mostly anything else in the 130K miles I've driven mine. Oil and filter changed twice per 7,500 miles, serviced by a very good subi shop (LIC Motorsports in Novato, California), and still drives like new.

i wouldn't mind more power but nothing too crazy, i just wanna keep it as a daily & reliable...use it for school/work & its the only car i have.

as for why i posted this...on my way home from work i was in a hurry shifting from 3rd to 4th & i accidentally dropped it back into 2nd!!! over rev'd it for nothing less than a second or two but idk if I'm just paranoid or what but i feel the car a lil different... just wanna address a problem if any before it becomes major...

stupid mistake on my part but the gears are weird lol

For more power you have to basic options.

Cobb AP if your not good with a lap top, if you good with computers you can get a couple of cheap cables and get a map through m sprank and the great Infamous.

http://www.infamousperformance.net/servlet/StoreFront

Check out the Tuning Forum. read the stickys at the top.

both my cars have Cobb AP. My Tuner (http://www.tuningalliance.com) installs the custom map and then loads it into the car.

With a good tune these cars are awesome.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived