LegacyGT.com

Throwout bearing again?

So 4k miles and 3 months ago my tob pretty much disintegrated. Took it to the stealership I had recently bought it from and paid 1800 to have it replaced along with the clutch and flywheel (since they were still working but had 120,000 miles on them and were pretty worn). Dealership told me 1 year warranty on all work. Now I can hear the same noise from right before my TOB blew and my clutch pedal is getting a little rough feel to it. So I'm 99% positive its about to die again. I'm bringing it in to have them check it out and pull the warranty on them but I'm just wondering how it went out after only 4k miles. Is there even a way to wear one down that fast or is it possible the mechanic didn't install it properly (maybe didn't grease it)?

• Mega Users
Could be other damage that was missed. I had a catastrophic TB failure on a different car and it bent the clutch fork. That was missed and it caused a failure of the replacement tb, which destroyed the replacement clutch and pressure plate in about 2k miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived