LegacyGT.com

Road Tune?

lee07

dynapaks are cool. the dynamics uses its own weather station in the system to detect baro, humidity, temp, etc at all times. another thing i like about the dynamics is it has all the ratio data integrated, all you have to do is enter the vin #

That's pretty neat that it has a built in database.

In reality, dynos are just a tool. Their accuracy is directly related to their maintenance and the operator.

I DO think that a proper dyno is far more accurate and repeatable than a virtual dyno. There are constants and values in a virtual dyno that are simply not accounted for, generalized, or glossed over.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

There are constants and values in a virtual dyno that are simply not accounted for, generalized, or glossed over.

True, but as long as the same inaccuracies are present in all pulls, it's still useful data. It's just harder to be really sure the pulls all present an equal load to the car. You're not going to get every last whp with this tool but for many of us it's all that's available without going a very long way to a 4-wheel dyno.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

lee, my Tuner http://www.tuningalliance.com did street tunes on my 05 until I went to the vf52. Then he wanted it on the dyno so he could tune it safely with the wide band.

The street tunes worked will when the up/dp and tmic were put on. They were on before the vf52.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It must have been the operator or the conditions (not enough air blowing). Dynojets are pretty repeatable. The one down the street will spit out the same numbers until the car changes (temps rise or whatever).

Personally, I like Dynapak dynos. They seem to be the most consistent, and most versatile dynos.

Temp changes seem to be the main thing. The Dynojet is the one that gave me an extra 17whp for letting it cool down longer between pulls, just because me and the shop guy talked about some random thing for a few minutes extra. But there must be more to it than temps because my first pull should have been higher in that case - the car set for 10-15 minutes before we started doing pulls.

In both cases they had 2 or 3 fans, though I have no idea if they were arranged optimally. I just went in to see what numbers came up - I wasn't tuning, so I wasn't picky.

you have to tune your car if you do mods!!??

just playing...i got a road tune for my stage 2 tune because in my head thats how i was going to drive my car. I wanted it tuned for the conditions i was going to drive it in. My next tune will be a dyno because I want to experience that and see the results. Its really preference. Dyno will allow your tuner to really fine tune everything while a rude tune may leave a little on the shelf.

Archived