LegacyGT.com

Buy in June, or risk waiting for July offers?

nyc lgt

Hello all. First time poster though I have been learning a tremendous amount form this site last few days. Thank you all for the excellent resource created here.

I want to get an '05 LGT wagon but have been too busy to just get to the dealer and properly purchase the car. I would love to take advantage of the June offers (the 0.0% fin and dealer holdback, plus any end of month units sold rewards) but doubt I can find the time to go in before the 30th.

Can anyone guess if the July deals will be as good? Should I risk waiting until the first week of July?

Thanks again-

NYC LGT

I'd risk it. The odds are that the incentives will go up, not down. If the dealers in your area have a decent inventory still the cars wil not vanish overnight. If you want a very specific combination, that's a different story.

YMMV and I don't want to hear it if they are suddenly selling for $2,000 OVER MSRP next week :lol:

Rebates expire June 30th. From the subaru website, for zip code 90025:

CUSTOMER CASH REBATE

Now through June 30, 2005 - select models are available with Customer Cash up to $1,500. You must take delivery from dealer stock by June 30, 2005. See your participating dealer for details. Cannot be combined with Customer Cash.

http://www.subaru.com/media/image/spacer.gif

2005 Legacy 2.5i model up to $1,250

2005 2.5i GT models $1,500

I'm risking it as well, gonna hold off until 7/1 to see what happens. If the rebates disappear, worst thing that will happen is I'll look at an '06 in a couple months when they've come down decently from MSRP.

I'm waiting for July, but only because I have to. The car was ordered early this month, delivered a couple weeks ago, is getting the remaining accessories put on but my finances and whatnot wont be in order until July.

I hope it goes up, it's still $1000 for the Legacy GT as far as I can tell.

I'm with you guys who are waiting. The rebates in May were better here in MN so I hope they go back up in July. I thought it was weird for rebates to go DOWN in June when they are so close to releaseing the 06's. And it definitely seems like there are still a lot of 05's in inventory.

Thank you all for your responses. Since there is no chance of me buying the car today I will go along with the group consensus and wait for July. All comments above do make a whole lot of sense though...

Let's see what happens.

Can't have your cake and eat it too:rolleyes:

I had heard rumors of Cobb working on an AP map for economy; although that map for the WRX's didn't seem to help much. Oh well, people here say they get a little bit better mileage when they go to stage 2. 300hp and better mileage sounds good to me. These rebates in July better be good so I can get a legacy already.

Archived