LegacyGT.com

Looking to buy a legacy

Hey all. New here. Looking for a legacy..want an 05-06 but here's the thing. I want to spend no more than 12,500. Now I see them out there but with high miles. Should I worry about miles

Also what are the know issues with these cars.

Thanks guys!

When buying you just have to understand that the turbo is a wear item just like the clutch is and will need replacing eventually. I have had mine for almost 14 months and 31k miles. So far all i have done is regular maintinance clutch just got done, timing belt and plugs at 107k, and a wheel bearing about a month ago. As far as the turbo i am pretty sure that it is still of the stock turbo as I got a lot of records with the purchase and none have anything about a replacement. Not sure if that helps any just a little info. As for that price i would say that should be easy to do as i would sell mine for that. (not sure of your area)

They are great cars for long trips. Yes there are better cars out there but for the money, these ride nicely.

Do you really need AWD ?

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

They are great cars for long trips. Yes there are better cars out there but for the money, these ride nicely.

Do you really need AWD ?

I live in MA...so yes

I see you are from CT

By the way I am coming from a 07 g35x with major issues. Had engine replaced at 63k. It's at 73k now dumping it before it's not worth much

So these cars pretty reliable?

I live in MA...so yes

I see you are from CT

By the way I am coming from a 07 g35x with major issues. Had engine replaced at 63k. It's at 73k now dumping it before it's not worth much

So these cars pretty reliable?

Unless you're doing lots of climbing, IE mountains, I got away with living out east with a fwd car and snow tires for a good portion of my life.

I think you'll find subi runs an 8/10 for reliability, I'd give a honda/toyota 9/10.

The problem with your budget is it's not inkeeping with what you're looking for:

AWD

Cheap

Reliable

Pick any two of the above.

The problem with your budget is it's not inkeeping with what you're looking for:

AWD

Cheap

Reliable

Pick any two of the above.

Not entirely true, but for as a general rule, yes.

I paid $13,000 for my wifes 06 with 8,500 miles 2 years ago (one owner / clean carfax). The deals are out there, you just have to find them (and get a little lucky).

That sucks about your G35. Was the engine replaced under warranty?

Not entirely true, but for as a general rule, yes.

I paid $13,000 for my wifes 06 with 8,500 miles 2 years ago (one owner / clean carfax). The deals are out there, you just have to find them (and get a little lucky).

That sucks about your G35. Was the engine replaced under warranty?

Yes. 7k miles before the warranty ran out. Engine would have been 11k out of warranty

05 GT Limited with 60K on the clock fetch 16-17k around here.

Holy shit!! My last '05 LGT super clean with 52k and Stage II I got for $12k

Thats just insane. Time to ship some Subarus out there and come back with some rust free older bimmers and Vdubs to sell here.

Deals are out there. i paid 12 and change for an 05 LGT Wagon with 93k on the clock.

not the lowest price ever, but compared to what i would have paid if it were in the twin cities and not 80 miles south, plus the maintenance history on it, plus the fact that it was from a dealership, i'm pretty happy with what i got.

I personally think it's great on the freeway, since my drive home was over an hour, lol! first experience: i drove way higher than the speed limit without even realizing it. It feels like it's going significantly slower than what it actually is.

Do some researching and you'll find something you like. Be willing to expand your search area, i got lucky and found the only manual wagon within 400 miles of my house.

I could suck start a snow blower.

If money is a object right now, look for a 2.5i. The turbo cars, 4th gen GT's require more up keep. They are FUN to drive, but you have to pay to play.

My 05 rolled 150,000 miles last Friday. Need to update my sig.

The 05 still rides and drives great for pretty much stock suspension. I'm sure you have notice all the 2.5 Outbacks here in the North East. There is a reason for that.

When you get one. Learn to check the oil often until you learn how much oil it uses, They all will use oil.

A friend just had a new engine put in her 05 2.5i Outback, 80,000 miles, ran it our of oil in 5000 miles.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

That is around the price range for an 05-06 lgt. If I was to sell mine with 90k, I'll sell it for 11k obo but not now as I'm going stage 2. Thought VQ engines were pretty reliable? You Must of just had a bad one. Don't want to try another one? Subaru's are pretty reliable, it's more of a Drivers car with no electronics to help you compared the your G37. Awd is always on 24/7/365 as compared to Infinitis AWD which is on til around 12mph only. Much more quiet on highways and when you step on it, no roar with a much lighter steering wheel. It's up to you if you want to buy a Subaru or give Infiniti another shot. Infinit's should be reliable though, I think you just had a bad one. I wouldn't mind one as a 2nd car.

Holy shit!! My last '05 LGT super clean with 52k and Stage II I got for $12k

Thats just insane. Time to ship some Subarus out there and come back with some rust free older bimmers and Vdubs to sell here.

That doesn't surprise me. You bought a modified car, which I wouldn't touch for the life of me.

Deals are out there. i paid 12 and change for an 05 LGT Wagon with 93k on the clock.

not the lowest price ever, but compared to what i would have paid if it were in the twin cities and not 80 miles south, plus the maintenance history on it, plus the fact that it was from a dealership, i'm pretty happy with what i got.

I personally think it's great on the freeway, since my drive home was over an hour, lol! first experience: i drove way higher than the speed limit without even realizing it. It feels like it's going significantly slower than what it actually is.

Do some researching and you'll find something you like. Be willing to expand your search area, i got lucky and found the only manual wagon within 400 miles of my house.

Yes, I found I could get cars closer to $12K if I was willing to buy 100K cars, but the service of 105K scared us off.

If money is a object right now, look for a 2.5i. The turbo cars, 4th gen GT's require more up keep. They are FUN to drive, but you have to pay to play.

That's what i am looking for 2.5i...don't care about speed..my 07 G35x flys and i am going to miss its speed..but not the issues i have been through with it.

Going to my dealer friend tomorrow to tell him what i want...lets see if i get in a legacy here soon

That is around the price range for an 05-06 lgt. If I was to sell mine with 90k, I'll sell it for 11k obo but not now as I'm going stage 2. Thought VQ engines were pretty reliable? You Must of just had a bad one. Don't want to try another one? Subaru's are pretty reliable, it's more of a Drivers car with no electronics to help you compared the your G37. Awd is always on 24/7/365 as compared to Infinitis AWD which is on til around 12mph only. Much more quiet on highways and when you step on it, no roar with a much lighter steering wheel. It's up to you if you want to buy a Subaru or give Infiniti another shot. Infinit's should be reliable though, I think you just had a bad one. I wouldn't mind one as a 2nd car.

VQs are very reliable...mine just blew up one day..was at dealers for 2 months...service manager and i faught over it...never want to give $$ to that company again. They treated me like crap and still did even after 7 months when i had to bring the car back

That's what i am looking for 2.5i...don't care about speed..my 07 G35x flys and i am going to miss its speed..but not the issues i have been through with it.

Going to my dealer friend tomorrow to tell him what i want...lets see if i get in a legacy here soon

Why did the motor go though?

Why did the motor go though?

Dealer still never game me a strait answer..first they thought valve springs...2 weeks after ordering them nope...then the camshaft..2 more weeks to order..nope...then short block...nope becasue metal was all throughout the engine..ordered long block then it took 2 weeks to put in...then got car back

they tested the oil pressure before short block and found it to be low..so something with the engine not getting oil...

Archived