LegacyGT.com

Just Got SHHHHHMOKED!!

Coming home less than an hour ago on I-4, I had a newer black 5 series sniffing my ass (had cruise on 78) I would get over in the middle lane to allow him to pass and he would follow me over in that lane:p So this continued for about 5-6 miles. Traffic was braking ahead because rubberneckers slowing for a wrecker pulled off on the side of the interstate:mad: I am in the fast lane, 18 wheeler is in front of me & the black tick is still on my ass . We had slowed to around 35mph when the semi puts his signal on to get in the middle lane. Ahead of me is a very long stretch of open road:cool: I nail it at about 40:p the tick is still right there...70still there...90still there:confused: I move over into the middle lane when I hear this WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAmp...WAAAAAmp.. go past. it was a new 5 series alright .... an M5:eek: The car sounded like it was just starting to hit it's stride:redface:

I'm now humbled

Toyota 6EATS .........SUCK!!!!!!

Im sure my 2.5i would kill an M5 :D... this frikin thing is a moster and looks so good, what better combination can you get!

especially now you have the go-fa5t4r brakes!! :lol: Sorry, I kid....you lobbed that one up and I had to send it back atya.

It had North Carolina manufacturer tags. Yes it was def the new M5:) The car sounded very much like a Grand Prix car....That sound will be remembered for some time;)

These people must be shipping them in from Europe. My dad's second on the list for our dealership. Won't be able to order his till September. I hear the first shippment in the US is November for only 700 of them.

See thats like being a lightweight and fighting mohammad ali in his prime, yeah you got your ass handed to you but you got to fight mohammad ali!
If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough. - Mario Andretti

:eek:

The BMW M5s are simply marvels of man and machine. I can honestly say that the new M5 is my "dream" car that I would prefer to have above all others (including Ferraris, Porsches, etc.). The ultimate in sedan performance.

The new Mercedes E55s are pretty impressive too, runs mid-12s bone stock.

Like you, I would consider it an honor to get "shmoked" by a new M5...hearing one at WOT would be quite a thrill.

Martyr

Is the dirt road sand or just dirt terrain??? Doesn't look like it?

New M5, were you sure they had North Carolina Plates, instead of South Carolina, where the BMW factory is?!?!?!?!!?!

Just my 0.02...

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

Archived