LegacyGT.com

avo 380 vs tomioka racing 18g

I'm trying to decide which to get. I have the funds for either. If I went with the 18g I'll be able to have money to put towards further mods, butt the avo is a ball bearing and is supposedly going to "outlast my car." can you guys give me some input? shooting for about 350 whp.

current mods are:

invidia catless dp

gutted up

Perrin tmic

going to be getting

DW 65c fp

DW 850cc injectors

aquamist hfs3

Infamous Accessport tune

debating on going front mount

any one have any experience with either turbo or recommendations?

850's are overkill for an 18g. I'll be running 850's with my 20g. A local lgt'er 05 5eat pulled 344 on the tapioka 20g/td05. I would go fmic and forget the aquamist. Done.

The perrin tmic wont do jack for you. With the flow of an 18g+ better go PW or fmic. All those shitty top mounts will do is heatsoak in a flash, then youll be prone to knock.

Well I live in alaska...even in the summer we rarely see temps over 70 and its 50 or under for most of the year. My perrin is ice cold pretty much all of the time. Lately my iat hasn't been above 25*, but i wanna do a front mount anyway so im selling my perrin. What do you think of the avo? Too much money for ball bearing goodness?

I am running Kinugawa TD05-20G 8cm and have been very happy. If you are looking for above 300WHP I wouldn't even look at the 18G. I would also stick with a TMIC, my IPR has worked fine but the fitment wasn't that good with the larger turbo. The PW would be perfect and as you can see from my post I make full boost around 3400RPM's which is really good.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/turbo-week-171262p3.html

850's are overkill for an 18g. I'll be running 850's with my 20g. A local lgt'er 05 5eat pulled 344 on the tapioka 20g/td05. I would go fmic and forget the aquamist. Done.

The perrin tmic wont do jack for you. With the flow of an 18g+ better go PW or fmic. All those shitty top mounts will do is heatsoak in a flash, then youll be prone to knock.

Just buy a turbo blanket and you'll be fine.

To hit 350whp you would want at least a TD06SL2-20G. A FMIC would certainly help you at this point, and that frees you from the limitations of flange-style turbos. All kinds of STi-fitment options open up at this point. You probably also want to look at the Blouch offerings as 350whp is right at the top of the range of results you see from TD06-20G setups, even with all supporting mods.

I didn't see headers on your shopping list. I think a decent header is going to be essential if you're shooting for 350whp, preferably EL. Did you upgrade your clutch already? No way in hell the stocker is going to hold up to this.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

To put things into perspective my buddy with an 09 wrx has these items:

Blouch 20g/td06 (480?)

Perrin fuel rails

Dw 850's

Walbro

Invidia EL headers and tbe

Turbo xs fmic

Ebcs

Act hdss

Injen cai

Aem meth 50/50

On efi's mustang dyno he pulled 350/360 without meth. 370/390 with. Stock internals still goin strong ;):lol:

Archived