LegacyGT.com

Please HELP I am only getting 10 MPG!!

I have been getting a CEL code of P0172 system too rich bank 1. I took it to the dealer and they cleaned my MAF and reset the code. It drives fine and everything, but I am still only getting 10MPG around 150 miles to the tank and the engine code it back on. I need some help please!

Stop taking your 05 to the stealership.

Find a good local mechanic, and have him fix your car.

I would think about replacing the front O2 sensor next. May be a can of Seafoam in the gas tank. Most auto parts stores have it on the counter.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Check your air filter, run injector cleaner or octane booster through it, and try a new front o2 like Max said. The front o2 is your ECU's main reading o2 and will mess up all kinds of things. I was seeing bad terrible MPGs with a bad front o2. Do you have any misfire codes that come up with it? Also, if you check the breather hose that goes into the intake housing/piping, check and make sure there is no buildup. I have seen gunk build up in those hoses and it does that as well.

Correct me if I am wrong but Subaru's love stealing your gas over every little issue and half the time, it ranges from bad or loose vacuum lines to broken BPVs.

Also, as bhinak said, that happens too but if it drives fine and doesn't cut out under boost, it's another issue.

Hope this all helps solve your problem.

Yeah i filled up and drove 115 miles then filled up again and it calculated out to be 13MPG I dont know what to do about this. I have reset the code several times and it keeps coming back P0172 system too rich bank 1. I cleaned the mass air flow sensor and have looked for boost leaks but cant find anything wrong.

You are in for a pleasant surprise because o2's for our vehicles run anywhere from $90-$250 depending on store and location. That may be your issue as a lot of people see rich conditions and bad mpgs with a bad rear o2. I'd say to try it. But why it dropped you MPGs that low is beyond me. Maybe 15-18 HWY.

Archived