LegacyGT.com

Drop in filter recommendation

• Moderators

Looking for a recommendation for a drop in panel filter (05 LGT wagon 5EAT). I would prefer a filter that does not require oiling, don't want to deal with that. Is AVO the way to go? Something else?

Are all compatible with Cobb AP OTS maps?

T.I.A.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I just picked up an aFe Pro Dry S drop in filter from Infamous Performance. Oil free and very nice quality (as far as filters go).

When it comes time for one in my 09 I'm thinking I'll go with this one. I'll support the guy's that support this forum.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

When it comes time for one in my 09 I'm thinking I'll go with this one. I'll support the guy's that support this forum.

I'm using that one too. It does the job, and I never have to worry about oiling it. Just blast it with shop air when I change my oil, good as new.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Moderators

Awesome, good to hear that the infamous filter is good stuff (why would I expect any different?).

I'm not deluded into expecting any performance gains, I'm just coming up against the 60k service and when I priced out the fredbeans parts kit vs what I can buy on my on I can end up getting the fluids I want plus a higher quality drop in filter (that I can clean regularly a la BAC5.2^^) for the same price.

Thanks for the input folks, will likely order the aFe

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived