LegacyGT.com

Alternative to Weathertech Floor Liners

mass-hole

I hate weathertech with a burning passion after the fiasco i had with them in my last car. I went to buy their "fitted mats" for my 2006 GTO and when I recieved them they were not even close to fitting. When i Called them to say my mats dont fit, they said, "oh well that is because those are the best fit for the GTO. We make no claims that they fit." Well i went back on the website to double check and it clearly said "fits 2006 GTO." Anyways I ended up having to not only pay for the shipping to get them, but had to pay another 20 to send them back :mad:

Anyways I was hoping someone might know where to get something equivalent to these:

http://www.weathertech.com/subaru/2007/legacy/floorliner-digitalfit/

I would prefer not to give my money to weathertech if i can avoid it.

Thanks a lot!

I have those in my car. They fit perfect. I bought mine from a wholesale source. I used to make a fortune selling them on ebay but MacNeil automotive slapped me with a cease and desist letter and eBay canceled all my listings. Guess they want to be the only game in town and keep their prices inflated! Great build quality with WT though. Fit very snug. I think I've seen people using the husky liners that are similar.

I have the Subaru all weather mats for my 06 and they are great. Same thing happened to me when I ordered mats from Weathertech for my 98 Outback. I was able to negotiate a full refund plus shipping and return shipping. :-)

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

• Moderators
Do any of you guys ever just contact your credit card companies for crap like this? If you buy something with a credit card and have an issue with the product (i.e. company claims product will fit, product does not fit) and the company refuses to correct the situation / provide a full refund just contact VISA, AMEX, whatever. You can usually explain the situation and get an instant refund. Then the credit company will pursue the seller to get their money back. Easy.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

I actually did have to go through my CC company. I did however get the rep with Weathertech to agree to refund the original price plus shipping and to mail me a shipping label to return the mats. Once the mats were returned Weathertech didn't issue the refund and I got a runaround when I called so I contacted the CC company... I got the refund the next day.

All in all I can't recommend anyone do business with Weathertech. I just bought a set of Altec plate frames/lenses and had I nor had a bad experience with Weathertech prob would have considered their options.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

All in all I can't recommend anyone do business with Weathertech. I just bought a set of Altec plate frames/lenses and had I nor had a bad experience with Weathertech prob would have considered their options.

Maybe it's a good thing you didn't because I'm not too impressed with their plate frames and lenses (moisture still gets in). I am very happy with their floor liners though.

When I first got my floorliner set last winter (2010), they fit perfectly, no issues.

My front passenger warped during the summer when it was pushed underneath the seat for God knows how long. Now it won't fit perfectly and moves back and forth when my passengers get in and out.

Still love 'em though.

2006 SWP 3.0R 5EAT VDC BBQ

2008 OBP 2.5i 4EAT BBQ [RIP]

Just bought the "generic" trunk liner for my '08 since Subaru doesn't offer one for this yr. Weather Tech site says trim to fit. Well, there is no way to trim something that is too small in the first place to fit. Granted I should have checked the measurements first, but the pictures on the site show a product fitting after trimming. What is pictured for sale is not what you get, cause it doesn't even come close to fitting. Should say stretch to fit... I might as well have lost $64 out the window. Live and learn. :mad:

Oh, using OEM rubber Subi mats F & R. They're great.

I like my oem winter mats but the drivers has wear holes in it and water leaks through onto the carpet. I also have a little bit of carpet wear on the tunnel where my right foot rubs and I was thinking the Weathertech's might cover it. I was thinking about just getting the front digital fits and keeping the oem in the back to save some $ and avoid throwing all of my mats in the garbage.

Archived