LegacyGT.com

What would YOU do?

I have a 2005 Leg GT. She has about 110K miles on it now. Originally had old school accessport that Cobb had and did stage one reflash. About 8 months ago I added Perrin top mount, Perrin Uppipe, Cobb downpipe, Borla exhaust and manual boost controller. She ran great. I even ripped up my buddys 04 m3 on the highway after he wouldn't shutup about how fast his car was. (about 7 different times he tried all from 50 mph rollons) But I digress... Around 90k miles my stock turbo finally blew apart.

In the last couple months I replaced it with TD05H-18G from BNR and upgraded to Walbro fuel pump and DW 720s for injectors. Just today I received their tuning map which I flashed my ECU with. I am having major issues just idling. She eventually stalls out after stuttering from low idle. I can drive her for a few minutes, maybe get up to 3rd, but once I downshift or slow down she falls right on her face coming out of first. I subsequently have to pull over and turn it off and on again. My check engine is back on solid again along with a cruise control flashing.

Do you think it could be an A/F sensor issue or something way more serious. Like timing and internals' issues from the stock turb blow? I want to cry right now as she is all I have to get around in and I thought spending all this money on all these parts would fix her. Any help is SINCERELY appreciated. I have read a number of other posts on here, alot involving the banjo bolt issue, but nothing seems to diagnose what I am currently facing at the moment. Thank you in advance for your consideration.

Cheers,

Joe

Just got a new map that I loaded this morning. I was actually able to drive her around the block without stalling all over the place. Seems a lot better although still stuttering here and there when clutch is engaged at low rpms. I plan to head over to my buddy's shop later and have him check my intake manifold for any possible leaks per recommendations on here. Just sent tuner my recent data log with new map, so we will see...

Just hope my engine is not compromised and she will be a boost machine once again... :rolleyes: ahhhh... I miss the boost machine. Sucks when people are constantly trying to mess with me bc she sounds so grizzly and the last 3 months she is slower than a prius with flat tires and 19 people in it. Highly frustrating... Not to mention people honking at lights when I am in the middle of the road on a green and I am turning her off and on again. Super fun

It ran fine before you loaded the map yesterday. Can you reload the map you had the day before yesterday ?

Check for vacuum leaks, these things are known for blowing the hoses off, you need to zip tie them.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

No it did not run fine yesterday either. Today was actually better with the new map. Yesterday I could barely drive it. Today was a little more tolerable, but the inevitable CEL and flashing cruise hit me again. Just sent two new data logs to tuner to see what he thinks. I will let you know what I find out.

As for checking the vac lines, I will ask my buddy to do that later this afternoon provided she will make it to his shop...

find your major vacuum leak before buying anything.

Have you taken your engine cover off and checked your vac lines?

Check for vacuum leaks, these things are known for blowing the hoses off, you need to zip tie them.

It takes 10-15 min to remove the TMIC check the vacuum lines yourself. The lines attached the the "T" under the TMIC come off easy under boost.

^ what they all say. This very thing happened to me. All cylinders misfired and I had crappy idle. I did panick but I knew about that vac line coming off at the T underneath the TMIC (cause I read it on this forum). And that was indeed the problem. Mine is now zip tied. Easy check.

You think this would probably explain why I am running lean and misfiring all four cylinders? Not sure if it is easy to see it on that pic or not, but there is a pea size hole in the rubber portion of the intake side of the turbo. Once I took off the TMIC, this is what I found.

scoob.jpg.fc2d6c0255e10c68cdc082cfa91c271b.jpg

Archived