LegacyGT.com

Stage 2 Plans and Thoughts

• Moderators

Well, I just got word that I'm apparently getting a bonus from work, nice :) No idea how much it will be, but I'm hoping for some stage 2 money that I can pocket before the wife squirrels it away :spin:

Car is a 5EAT Wagon. I have a V2 accessport at the moment. I think I can pick up an invidia UP for a good price and will likely source a DP from infamous (and probably an oil line for peace of mind). If I actually go stage 2 I'll probably also trade the AP for a vagcom and etune (and actually net a few bucks in the process I guess).

My only real concern is the transmission. I'll install a transmission cooler along with stage 2 goodies (because it's simple and cheap), but likely wont be able to swing any Hexmods goodies, nor do I think I have the tools/space/ability to drop my transmission. Anyone out there been running a 5EAT at stage 2 for a while with no problems? I don't launch the car, usually roll on the throttle but will definitely want to put the extra power down on on-ramps, passing slow-pokes, etc.

Thanks for any input.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

i'm stage 2 for about 3 years now, spirited drives every so often, no issues either.

i have a tranny cooler, but have been lazy to install.

the only problem i had was my uppipe cracked, but i have since switched to one with a flex pipe. so make sure your UP has a flex part on it.

• Moderators

Ugh, I've heard differences of opinion regarding flex pipes. One camp is that the flex is good for fitment, the other camp is that the flex piece will EVENTUALLY deteriorate. At the end of the day I think I would prefer a solid pipe to crack and I'll replace the pipe rather than a flex piece to shred and potentially end up ruining my turbo....

Glad to hear you've been at stage 2 for that long, how many miles?

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived