LegacyGT.com

oem style ebay/aftermarket headlights.

naimouasta

after 3 years i think i need to redo my headlights. they are fine overall but i just want something shiny/new looking.

i'm just curious if anyone has dealt with any of the OEM replacement headlights off ebay. i'm wondering if anyone has actually bought a set and taken them apart. i want to know what the quality is like and if the projector and its bolt pattern is replicated exactly like OEM.

if they are, i was hoping to buy a new set of headlights and bolt in some RX projectors or something and do a legit retro.

I have a set of TYC OEM replacement. Compared to the OEM, they feel much cheaper. I did open them up and put in the TSX lens, LED angel eyes, and blackout. If you want to open them up, I suggest opening up some OEM ones, the replacement quality just isn't as great, but they aren't bad.

I have a set of TYC OEM replacement. Compared to the OEM, they feel much cheaper. I did open them up and put in the TSX lens, LED angel eyes, and blackout. If you want to open them up, I suggest opening up some OEM ones, the replacement quality just isn't as great, but they aren't bad.

This.

I was in an accident where the insurance replaced just one lamp and after opening them both up you can tell the TYC is cheaper. When I did my retrofit, things didn't fit quite right in the TYC when they did in the OEM.

"This is an adventure."

really? i just wish i can buy the front plastic lens.

one OEM headlight is like $350 each, where i can get the ebay ones for $300 a pair. dam.

how big are the differences? like can i take one thing from the OEM and fit it on the aftermarket?

I would say the lens would work. But all the other plastic, use the OEM headlight. If you put HIDs, the "squirrel fender", or the annoying rectangular light above the low beam, will be much more visible compared with the OEM one. Use something to block it off, because it bug the crap out of me.

Note - after cracking a corner on my OEM lens on the driver side during clearing, I did the "just replace the front lens using the TDY version and keep the back-end OEM". They are not quite the same... I had to reuse the chrome surround attached to the lens due to fitment differences, and even then you can tell that the OEM projector lens sits ~1/4 inch off center... Better than the cracked lens I had, but far from perfect. Plus, I've never been able to get it to reseal fully. :p

And as everyone else mentioned... The quality is pretty poor, unfortunately.

So, if i purchase order these from e-bay and throw on some 4300k hids, they will be annoyingly bright?

Yes, the rectangular light above the headlight will bug the crap out of many people, including yourself.

Archived