LegacyGT.com

Be honest, please

Epitaph

Cruise control on highways??? heh, I just started cool-ege and have a driving record thats longer then most people;s will ever be (its not great to brag about but regardless its true). From what ive read (here) there is a decent performance hit with the AT, so even if i got one and modded it (ap/intake/tmic) itd still just run with a stock mt, which is just whack.

Does the 6mt come standard on all of the GT sedans??

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

DAAMN!!!!

Imagine if you had to pay out of your pocket all those repairs? Prob another brand new car price....

Argh......

Well, welcome to the forum and enjoy your new ride...

Many people here have come from previous Audi experiences, and it's almost 100% unanimous that an Audi without warranty is a wallet killer and not worthy....

:-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

i thought u were talkin bout the LGT for a sec i was like DAYmmm... only thing i really hate bout it is the fact that i probably wont be running 13s.

LGT Stage II you will be for suuuuuuuuuuuuure....

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

I wouldnt want to deal with the cost to mod the A6.

I think an S4 is the only real comparison to the GT.

I drove my friends 2004 A4 with the sport package and that was a waste of $$$. Slow, heavy, and the interior smelled funny. I warned him but he didnt listen.

Just buy the GT and be happy.

I love my auto LGT in black, but I'm kind of over the whole black thing now and will probably get WR Blue paint on it in the future. Get the LGT and you will be happy, I have 20k on it and im still smiling at every corner, unless I'm really foucsed and driving real hard, Then it more like all those smiles rolled into one when i calm my driving down and its almost orgasmic. :) As you can tell I'm satisfied!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My cousin in her 40's is happy with hers too, it's just broken in and she captured that first new car feeling again. she has a WR blue LTD auto. The only thing that got her a little pissed is the first person that got to drive mine was her son, not her. He is 13 and he goes up to her and says "Mom the Legacy Handles better then your Impalla did I'm glad you got it" BTW these moments of stupidity took place in a lot and his mom let him drive 2 of her previous cars there too. He as over an hour in total driving the LGT and that is more then he drove with her lol :)

Several thoughts come to mind. The first one I don't mean to sound condescending--sorry if it comes across that way, but I do feel it should be said. The last one will be self-serving. :)

If you're going into college this fall, why are you considering buying either of those cars??? Cars are depreciating assets. IMHO, you should take that money, keep it in the bank or invested, and use it to help fund your college education, or your first house once you're out of college, etc. Depending on where you go to college, you should consider either having no car (if a city school with good mass transit), or maybe something like a used Impreza wagon (if a rural school).

Now onto the topic at hand. My experience with the LGT is one short test drive in my brother's new one. I liked it enough that I'm considering buying one. My experience with current A6 cars is loaners from the dealer, one of them for several weeks.

My experience with an S4 Avant is four and a half years and quite a few thousands of miles. In many ways it's a great car: it's comfortable, it's powerful, it handles very well, it's capacious for its size, it gets tolerable gas mileage, it works *great* in the snow (with appropriate snow tires), etc.

It has not been a lemon by any means, but it has had some reliability issues. Most of the problems occurred during warranty, including a new set of turbos (at 49.9K!). The last few have happened off warranty, including rear wheel bearings and an ABS sensor. The good news is that those parts have already been taken care of.

So, now that it is off warranty, and now that I drove my brother's new car, I am considering selling or trading in my S4 and buying an LGT.

Finally, want to buy an S4 Avant? It would make a great college car. Think of all the stuff you could cram in the wagon back! :)

Im faced with a decision and i would like some input from you guys...

My next vehicle is either going to be a black on black(or grey) 05 LGT (auto)

or

an 02-03 black on black(or grey) Audi a6 2.7t quattro

Now ive done my reading, and taken alot of things into consideration...

Personally ive come to the LGT conclusion, but alot of my friends seem to think that im crazy (thats an understatment).

Power wise i hear jus a reprogram on the 2.7t is amazing.. (but ive yet to find actual quatermile times or 0-60 with it)

Any input?? Advice??

Hey,

I am also selling my 2000 A6 2.8 Quattro with 79K miles (still under Audi Extended Warranty) and is sharp as a crystal, fortunatelly Audi aspirated engines are more reliable than turbo ones, also had an S4 in the past (not a lemon but some annoying problems for sure).

Audi's are great cars, turbo ones are awesome (even better if under warranty)

:-)

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

*restricted honesty*

legacy pros: quality, reliability, warrenty, lower insurance(?)

legacy cons: you live in FL, you don't need the gas milage sucking of an AWD car, your friends will think you're driving your grandfather's car.

audi pros: stylish, "hip", nice creature conforts

audi cons: crap reliability, nothing more than an overpriced, pretentous VW.

*unrestricted honesty*

get teh 2.5i. you're in college i assume. same your damn money it'll be worth it in the end. also without the 250hp it'll be less tempting to kill yourself.

:lol: @ the 2.5i comment.

My last car got 12-13mpg and ran high 13s, regardless of anything wouldnt drive a car that is slower then 14.5 (with minor mods)

If i decided to get a "slower" car, it'd be a black an newer 740il , with navagation and rims or something :shrug:

I should delete this thread (if at all possible?) if theres no LGT in my future ive narrowed it down to the g35 or silverado ss.. no audi

• 2 weeks later...

I have a 98 A4 (only owner) with sport package and I'm on my second awd subaru legacy.

I am not sure there is a difference between the two systems, if you have a manual transmission for both cars. Can't say about the auto. If there is a diff, I think it's probably in favor of the subaru.

another big advantage of the subaru is the significantly lower center of gravity. A significant weakness, compared to the A4 but not nec. the A6, is the suspension. The roll in the GT is much worse than the A4, but there is no squat/dive in the GT whereas the A4 is very noticeable.

I've had very good luck with my A4's reliability, but maybe I'm lucky.

I would never get an A6 instead of the GT, but then I would never get an automatic, either.

G/L

If you're thinking of a LGT or a g35, why on earth are you thinking about a Silverado SS? It's comparing apples and oranges.

Why do you need a truck? Do you plan on hauling lots of cargo? Driving off-road on a regular basis? Towing heavy trailers? If your answers to these questions are "no," then you don't want a truck--unless it's just a toy and you have money to burn. Then go for it, I guess. [shrug]

My last car got 12-13mpg and ran high 13s, regardless of anything wouldnt drive a car that is slower then 14.5 (with minor mods)

If i decided to get a "slower" car, it'd be a black an newer 740il , with navagation and rims or something :shrug:

I should delete this thread (if at all possible?) if theres no LGT in my future ive narrowed it down to the g35 or silverado ss.. no audi

If i decided to get a "slower" car, it'd be a black an newer 740il , with navag

Please tell me that your 626 gets these numbers. I need a good laugh today. I can barely do that on my 6spd sport sedan.

Also if your budget only gets you a lgt what kind of 740il would you be getting.

If you're thinking of a LGT or a g35, why on earth are you thinking about a Silverado SS? It's comparing apples and oranges.

Why do you need a truck? Do you plan on hauling lots of cargo? Driving off-road on a regular basis? Towing heavy trailers? If your answers to these questions are "no," then you don't want a truck--unless it's just a toy and you have money to burn. Then go for it, I guess. [shrug]

i like american cars...ive actually decided to not even get a LGT anymore :shrug: thats why i havent been posting here relly..ima get the SS and drive it till we find a grand prix GXP :drool:

Please tell me that your 626 gets these numbers. I need a good laugh today. I can barely do that on my 6spd sport sedan.

Also if your budget only gets you a lgt what kind of 740il would you be getting.

Ha.

my old car was this bad boy

http://members.cardomain.com/jordancorcos

I actually wouldnt get a 740il, the luxo car thing isnt me, and this Ac compressor thing broke in my last one and it cost 1600$ to fix...i think that was w/o labor too.

I wouldn't want to deal with the wonderful Audi reliability.

A buddy of mine has a 2001 S4 (twin turbo) and has a lot of issues with it. It's been a real headache.

But on the other hand, I owned a 2002 1.8T GTI, and everyone talked about how bad the reliability of VW GTIs were, and I never had a problem within 50,000 miles of owning it. I traded it in when I bought my STi.

But, just from what I've heard from the reliability with Audi, I think I would steer clear. But Audi still has great styling.....

Archived