LegacyGT.com

05 lgt best first mods?

I have 05 legacy gt new to the subaru family . I really love the car coming from a 92 talons just wondering the best first mods I'm fimilar with the engine considering my buddy has a sti but that's all . Please help looking to get 300hp daily driver to the wheels I want to go cheap as posible but I'm not a cheap Ass not wanting to spend money is 5k a reasonable budget?

Lol you guys are not going to let him live it down. There is a performance section but doesn't go heavily into part by part. They give a general overview on different things. Your best bet is to start searching. I just basically asked the same question and a down and up pipe is the route said to give me the gains I am looking for

save your money. if your car has around 100k in it you will be replacing your engine and turbo soon

:lol: ok dude. the appropriate response would be replace your turbo before it goes south. this way you save the shortblock

^^^yea all the motors on here blow up at 100k just cause lol. most of the engine failures here have been due to the turbo's going not an internal engine issue. listen to BMX and don't get nervous cause someone said ur motor will blow cause of 100k. ALOT of people here are stage 2 with high mileage cars and the only change was a change in turbo. I went stage 2 at 100k and i have gone 20k on stock turbo and im now replacing it for a newer one.

then why did u not say that. and im not saying all motors with a 100k will blow up, just the 05 and the 06

I guess my 05 missed that memo.

It will turn 149,000miles tomorrow.

OP the first thing you need to do is learn how to check the oil and top it off as needed, don't let it run low on oil.

As others have said, replace the up/dn pipe, go catless in the up.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Mega Users

OP the first thing you need to do is learn how to check the oil and top it off as needed, don't let it run low on oil.

+1

save your money. if your car has around 100k in it you will be replacing your engine and turbo soon

-1. You are dumb.

"Remember Danny - Two wrongs don't make a right but three rights make a left."

This thread made me immediately think of your car! My clock hit 100k yesterday. Car is running better than ever currently stage 2 tune! With my regular maintenance I fear no engine failure.....and oh yeah my car is an 05!

then why did u not say that. and im not saying all motors with a 100k will blow up, just the 05 and the 06... we have 2008s where fine. we dont even have to check our oil every 30min like the 05 and the 06

Inability to read + inability to information gather + idiotic self congrats = :lol:

Uppipe(not catted) $150, Downpipe $350, stage 2 tune $150 if u have laptop and cable, if you need more power get fuel pump , 750cc-1000cc injectors, fmic or bigger tmic. the prices for the later stuff varies a lot on brand and vendors. If you get fmic, check out the racer x v3 or latest version, pretty much best one ive seen so far. Before you get all that power I would check/upgrade your suspension first, sway bars and endlinks (kartboys) do wonders u will need a mounting bracket as well for bigger sway bars, slotted rotors, new brake pads, steel brake lines. As for a new turbo go with one of the bolt ons from bnr on this forum somewhere, they have a lot of customers here and are reputable. I'm not sure on what turbo you get, but I think you can use the vf52, i'm not sure though. Anybody know if the newer vf52 bolts on with 05 lgt.

Also make sure your waterpump and timing belt were changed. If not do that first. You will probably need a new clutch at some point , theres a post somewhere on site about clutch stuff, but i think you have to change the flywheel as well for a stage 2 clutch.

Uppipe(not catted) $150, Downpipe $350, stage 2 tune $150 if u have laptop and cable, if you need more power get fuel pump , 750cc-1000cc injectors, fmic or bigger tmic. the prices for the later stuff varies a lot on brand and vendors. If you get fmic, check out the racer x v3 or latest version, pretty much best one ive seen so far. Before you get all that power I would check/upgrade your suspension first, sway bars and endlinks (kartboys) do wonders u will need a mounting bracket as well for bigger sway bars, slotted rotors, new brake pads, steel brake lines. As for a new turbo go with one of the bolt ons from bnr on this forum somewhere, they have a lot of customers here and are reputable. I'm not sure on what turbo you get, but I think you can use the vf52, i'm not sure though. Anybody know if the newer vf52 bolts on with 05 lgt.

Yes a VF52 is a direct bolt on, see my sig.

X2 for better brakes, the wagon gains speed much faster then it did before. You don't realize it until you see how fast your gaining on that car that was in the distance a second ago.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Archived