LegacyGT.com

frank_ster: what kind of engine do you have?

I only ask because I haven't seen you mention it in pretty much every single thread you respond to on this entire forum. Do you have an EJ, or did you swap something else in?

Pretty sure he has an EJcoolstorytroll.

started mine this morning -16 c 3 f and it didn't have that typical 2.5 piston noise! then oh yea its got a buick engine

Just saw this post ^. Don't know if it helps, other than that I don't know frank_ster personally so I have no idea.

You all don't know your engines.

It's a freaking GE90 from a Boeing 777

I know them quite well.

did you know they had to re-issue chocks because the ge90s idled with enough thrust to jump the original chocks for the 777

^ thats not a good thing ..

that would be because the limitations of the engines efficiency range.

so any lower idle speed it would probably become very unclean or even flame out.

but that is the amazing thing about those engine my turbine engine runs at 60 000 and any slower it over heats. i wish mine has the ability to do such a change of rpm efficienctly

Now that's thinking out of the boxer!:lol:

fyi all 05 + legacy's have built in code reader

^ thats not a good thing ..

that would be because the limitations of the engines efficiency range.

so any lower idle speed it would probably become very unclean or even flame out.

but that is the amazing thing about those engine my turbine engine runs at 60 000 and any slower it over heats. i wish mine has the ability to do such a change of rpm efficienctly

they changed the internal aero to favor in-flight making them ~20% more efficient @ cruising speeds... but un-able to idle any lower then they were... which really isn't that poor because those 2 engines can put out almost as much thrust as all 4 on a 747.

Archived