LegacyGT.com

VW Owners Rate the Legacy

Someone on the VW site referred to the Leg GT as a low cost, low brow Audi A4. As I posted in another topic, I tested the Audi A4 3.0 and the Leg GT has much better seats, more sporty interior design, yes a few less gizmos, but much sportier power, brakes, steering and suspension. Audi has two sport package options, but only the $2,900 dollar option gives you better sport seats and the important suspension upgrades. VW, Audi guys are going to be very surprised when they really find out what Subaru has dropped into the market. Subaru did more than match the A4 1..8T, they bettered the A4 3.0 in all the most important ways.

For the most part VWVortex is a good place. I'm a member, my wife has a Cabrio. There is huge enthusiasm on the R32 forum and a lot of ex-WRX guys who bought R32's.

My previous comments about Audi A4 are based on a recent test drive of A4 3.0 and three years of owning a 2000 Audi A6 Quatro fully loaded, which my wife could not stand any longer. Scraped in every dip, driveway, constant quality problems and a fuel gauge that never worked and could a quarter of a tank off, etc. Regarding VW R32, I sat in one at the LA car show and the seats, IMO for my build were FANtastic, I really like the Leg Sport Seats, but I would pay SOA extra in a heart beat for those seats. Clutch and shifter felt great. It s amazing how good a "rabbit/golf" can look. More inlightening than my opinion, car press guys that know more about driving than I rave about this car and say it delivers all the performance of a Porsche 911, not Boxter. I believe it. For pure fun, I would buy it, but I want a wagon for ski trips, dogs and a car I take other old farts like me to dinner in. The Leg GT/Ltd gives me play time and function.

[quote name='MtnSub'] VW, Audi guys are going to be very surprised when they really find out what Subaru has dropped into the market. Subaru did more than match the A4 1..8T, they bettered the A4 3.0 in all the most important ways.[/quote] Your right! I think that the recent incentives offered by VW on the passat as well as the a4 were targeted at people waiting for the new Legacy. I test drove both at more than one dealer. When they asked me when going to be ready to buy, I told them I was waiting for the new Legacy. Funny thing is that they never tried to sway me. They just nodded and put their heads down :D

Archived