LegacyGT.com

wipers again

phuzaxeman

eles1 (my good neighbor :)) -

The PIAA wiper refills are also highly recommended from other Forum members. I'm going to give them a try next..... Haven't tried the RainX type, though, but I love their various products, so hey, if any of our local stores have them, I'm definitely willing to shell out a few buckaroos.

:)

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

quick question. when you replace the wiper, do you replace the whole thing or just the rubber? that is, is the streaking problem caused by wearing rubber or the holder is not a very good one and doesn't distribute pressure evenly on the windshield?

I must have the only set of OEM wipers that actually work, LOL!

I've been in several downpours as well as in those "dreaded" misty conditions, and in every case, my wipers have worked great....

Still, I'm going with one of the trusted aftermarkets on my next replacement.

-A

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Guest turboman
To make upgrading to my favorite Silblades a risk instead of a sure thing. Seriously, those are the best blades on the market. They'll cost ya $40/pr but they're worth every penny.

TireRack sells VALEO wipers and they're $39.00 EACH. Whose got the worlds best wipers? :lol:

I agree...OEM wipers suck. I am on the second set on our wagon and last night they were really streaking. Probably will have to replace with aftermarkets since car is driven by my expecting wife and I don't want her distracted by streaky wipers.

OK, so how difficult is it to replace the wiper assembly as opposed to just the rubber wiper blade itself? My wipers suck as well, they just smear the water. I'm thinking of just replacing the rubber wiper blade itself unless replacing the whole assembly is easy. What size wiper is needed for each side? The drivers side wiper is obviously a lot longer than the passenger side.

Archived