LegacyGT.com

Front Axles

GT_Red

Ok, so when I got my clutch replaced they told me the driver's side boot was torn all the way around. Had it replaced last year, bummer. Anyways, I am going with a new axle since the boot replacement is a joke and costs just as much in labor.

Anywhoo, I am looking at the Empi 80-5531 ($57.95 Amazon), and wanted to know if anyone has experience with this and just to make sure its the right part #. From other posts it appears so, however, some posts and even Amazon can get it wrong sometimes.

Thanks in advance!

I'm running EMPI front axles. Aside from surface rust, they seem to be working fine with 300whp. I did recently have an axle seal go out after a year, but I don't think it's related to the replacement axles. Did a clutch job last fall with new seals, but one of them must not have been quite right.

It's called old age. Happens to lots of cars. Aug 2010 my left front boot tore. I bought a 100% new $80.00 axle from Advance Auto parts, They didn't have one in the store but had it there in 45 minutes.

They got it from Autopart International which was about a mile away.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Why would you replace both?
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Archived