LegacyGT.com

Just bought a 98 legacy GT today! and...

I'm new to forums ive been on here a couple times to look around and such.

BUT in other news...

i wanted peoples opinion on what i should i do first to this car, whether its suspension performance, etc...

ive read the second gen aftermarket parts and upgrade parts list but i want others opinions

Thanks!

• I Donated

Pretty much all of your options are in the sticky threads at the top of the forum.

Without an engine swap, you will never get much performance out of your car. However, it can be an absolute beast in the corners with a proper suspension setup.

Whenever modifying a car, I like to do it in the following order

Steering / Suspension

Brakes

Transmission

Engine

The reason being, is because the first 3 are needed when you get more power....and they are cheaper too

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Thanks :) im not that into big perfomance boost and also i leave for the marine corps after i graduate this spring so doing an engine swap would almost be pointless but i do like the part about being a beast in the corners, thanks for the input!

• I Donated

Not a problem!

Cheapest and biggest difference will be front and rear swaybars. Look at Whiteline or Rallitek for swaybars.

As well, poloyurethane bushings will help a lot, and coilovers will make the world of difference.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated

This would be my shopping list from first to last if I wanted to set up for fun in teh corners

rear sway bar

rear sway bar links

front sway bar

front sway bar links

polyurethane bushings

coilovers

02-07 wrx front brakes

stainless steel brake lines

front strut bar

rear strut bar

My personal favorite coilovers are D2 Racing drift series. However, they carry a price tag of $2300.

I've heard excellent things about Fortune coilovers, but I've never personally used them.

http://www.definedusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=10000188

If you want more info on those, contact Jordan@defined. Tell him I referred you and he will take good care of you. As well, he can help you out with all of your other suspension stuff as well

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000431024639

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Not a problem at all. Any other questions feel free to ask.

At least you looked at the other threads and didn't ask a retarded question lol

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Yeah you're one of the few. Most people come on here and ask things like "How can I turbo my car" or "Will WRX suspension fit?"

They don't even bother to read the threads at the top that answer literally EVERY common question.

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

I'll be selling Tein and H&R springs soon. Along with some KYB GR-2's if you're interested. I'm also selling an STi front bar... I'll post pictures soon.
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

cpundyk- yeah its pretty clean, the tabs expired in 2010 so im going to awsume its been sitting since then, so just few little things need to be done to it. but the guy's phone was going off non stop as i was talking to him.

eekay- ok thanks just let me know what your prices will be ahead of time if you could so i can get some money together.

This would be my shopping list from first to last if I wanted to set up for fun in teh corners

rear sway bar

rear sway bar links

front sway bar

front sway bar links

polyurethane bushings

coilovers

02-07 wrx front brakes

stainless steel brake lines

front strut bar

rear strut bar

My personal favorite coilovers are D2 Racing drift series. However, they carry a price tag of $2300.

I've heard excellent things about Fortune coilovers, but I've never personally used them.

http://www.definedusa.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=10000188

If you want more info on those, contact Jordan@defined. Tell him I referred you and he will take good care of you. As well, he can help you out with all of your other suspension stuff as well

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000431024639

Do steel brakelines really make that much of a dif?

eekay- ok thanks just let me know what your prices will be ahead of time if you could so i can get some money together.

Sure thing. I soon as I have that stuff available for sale in the "FS" section, I'll let you know!

Thanks eekay.

a little update on a problem i discovered while changing the oil and fluids. the overflow bottle cap wasn't complete popping off but enough to let antifreeze come out, and the fluid was foamy, and i took the radiator cap off and let the car idle..and there was continuous gurgling/bubbling, so that lead me to believe that the head gasket is either about to blow, or that there's a bit of a hole i guess in it that is pushing fluids back into the radiator, it isn't over heating. i ran the rpms up and it would suck the fluid down and then releasing them back down to idle and thats when it would overflow out and start gurgle. any thoughts?

also the oil did not seem to have any water in it from what i could see.

Well, if the oil has no radiator fluid (or water..) in it and the radiator has no oil in it, you should be safe at the moment. Is the radiator fluid going down at all? Could just be a slight leak somewhere that is letting air into the fluid. Keep a close eye on it and see if the levels fall at all.

well when i run up the rpms i can see the fluid go down then upon releasing back down idle it will come back up and over flow and then rest and start to gurgle and bubble.

Unfortunately, it certainly sounds like a head gasket. That's the usual culprit in a situation like this (radiator overflow without overheat). On the bright side, though, you can yank the engine and replace ALL the gaskets and separators in one go and not have to worry about it again. :)

Archived