LegacyGT.com

E85 with 840cc

Cyclozene

I was talking to a tuner the other day about injectors. I was originally going to pick up 740cc injectors but when i told him i was going to run e85, he said i should go bigger. I went with 840cc injectors but I am wondering if they are too small now. I heard that anything bigger than 840 and I will have idle issues. Can anyone shed some light on this.

Thanks

Well, here is what i have and am going to install. I have a walbro 255 FP. An FP HTA68 sti outlet not lgt. I have a hayden 67 model transcooler. JECS 840cc injects. A GS ebcs. Im debating where I want to do sti manifold w/tgv deletes and tmic or pick up a decent fmic.

But to answer your questions, it is AT :( so does around 350 sound too much?

Well, here is what i have and am going to install. I have a walbro 255 FP. An FP HTA68 sti outlet not lgt. I have a hayden 67 model transcooler. JECS 840cc injects. A GS ebcs. Im debating where I want to do sti manifold w/tgv deletes and tmic or pick up a decent fmic.

But to answer your questions, it is AT :( so does around 350 sound too much?

Get an FMIC. Much easier.

Just tune until you get close to injector max. You might hit your injector limit before you hit your other limits, who knows... but just keep an eye on IDC and don't overdue it. Your tranny will be happy if your injectors are limiting you!

^ how much power!?!?!

Depends on the weather - but usually between 360-380 WHP/ 400+ Wtq according to virtual dyno. The numbers really mean very little alone - but my baseline VF43 best run on 93 octane topped out at 305-310 whp.

HTA logs attached (I consistantly use the same logging road):

romraiderlog_20111106_085459.csv

romraiderlog_20111106_103119.csv

romraiderlog_20111106_141735.csv

246916555_HTA-AverageRuns.thumb.jpg.237f3527913905c06d0666d4f4586388.jpg

~350/400whp on e85 says most tuners I've talked to

You are making a HP estimate based on injector size :iam:

Get an FMIC. Much easier.

:whore:

Depends on the weather - but usually between 360-380 WHP/ 400+ Wtq according to virtual dyno. The numbers really mean very little alone - but my baseline VF43 best run on 93 octane topped out at 305-310 whp.

This is consistant with my experience and numbers. (stage 3.5, vf39, e85, dw's, wb255, e85, fmic, 360/425)

Is it common to max out the 850s with E85? It is seeming more apparent i should have gone with 1000s. I have also read about idle issues with those.

I think you will be fine with 840. I have 830 with my 20g on e85 and I max out in the low 90%idc but, I'm only running 20psi. Plus if you have an auto you don't want to kill your tranny. Trust me if you get close to max out the 840 on e85 you will be going very fast. So try that first before you spend more money on injectors.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Is this with a 5EAT. I would think that would be way too much

Max has a 5mt. Auto whp numbers normally lower than 5mt.

Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Is it common to max out the 850s with E85? It is seeming more apparent i should have gone with 1000s. I have also read about idle issues with those.

If you have a big enough turbo, they will become a bottleneck. But that's true no matter which injector you choose. You might have an easier time making this decision if you choose a power goal (or a turbo, if you prefer) and then figure out what parts you'll need to reach that goal (or make full use of that turbo).

If you don't know how much power you want to make, we can't help you make decisions about injectors or anything else.

There was a time when big injectors meant crappy idle, but that's kind of out-dated. ID 1000s for example will idle perfectly, and they're probably not the only ones (they actually flow more like 900, but still - there was a time when people were excited to get a stable idle with 740s).

Archived