LegacyGT.com

Check Engine Light On and Cruise Control Flashing

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you said it doesn't "take off" like it used to? I had a similar problem - get the codes checked and post them. I had a similar problem (codes were P2006 & P2017). it was related to the intake manifold runner. enter "TVG issues" in to search and look for a thread by that title. Hopefully it will help...

haha no my "muffler bearings" are the problem

sorry guys i would have gotten back to yall quicker if i still had a smartphone so i could do this on the go but anyways... I went to get the code checked the other day, but autozone's scan tool was "out", whatever that means. So i went ahead and ran some other errands, later when i get back in the car and start it, no check engine. Guess i just took it through the drive cycle and it was fine. So i figured i'd wait until the code came back to go get it checked. Came back on when i was driving to school yesterday morning, i go to school for automotive technology so i was goin to scan it there but ended up having to take a test for state inspections so i couldn't.

Basically, code has come and gone 3 times now. Hopefully, the next time i set the code i can get it read. I believe the codes are stored in the computer when they're tripped though right? So I shouldn't have to wait until the MIL comes back on to read it(correct me if im wrong). I'm gonna try to clean the MAF today and no im pretty sure the spark plugs have never been changed.

I'm gonna try to clean the MAF today and no im pretty sure the spark plugs have never been changed.

150,000 miles and plugs never changed. :confused: I would highly recommend changing the plugs then.

My wife's balls are delicious.

let us not forget about the timing belt and stuff. if the plugs have not been changed i bet the belt has not either. get all of the tensioners, pulleys, and water pump at the same time if you plan on keeping the car.

P0021 SUBARU - Camshaft Position 'A' Timing Over Advance or Performance Bank 2

Symptoms

- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light)

- Lack/Loss of power

- Engine noise

- Engine rough idle

Possible causes

- Dirty engine oil

- Low engine oil level

- Timing belt misalign

- Faulty AVCS solenoid

code was P0021 finally got it read yesterday

Remove the banjo filter, flush the oil system. Drive the car and begin to listen for the turbo to start to whine under boost. When the whine turns into a whistle stop driving the car. Replace the turbo.

You got maybe two months.

I've been over 5000 miles on the new vf52 after the P0011 and P0021. The main thing is listen for the noise.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It is unbelievable, how bad water temperature affect cruise control? (Dashboard temperature meter show correct coolant temperature)

The cruise control is automatically disabled anytime a check engine light (CEL) is activated. Anything that causes a CEL will disable the cruise control. Subaru probably did that to keep you from ignoring the CEL.

Just took it to subaru they said i need a new fuel pump(i'm leakin gas) and a new turbo. Should i just go ahead and get the sti turbo and uprgrade fuel pump since i have to get new ones anyways?

I'm happy with my vf52, it was a direct bolt on and a fresh tune and the car is great. I still have the stock fuel pump. If you want more power out of the vf52, you can put a smaller boost pill in and have the car dyno tuned. see my sig.

The STI turbo is not a direct bolt on.

While they are in there , have them remove the banjo filter in the back of the passenger side head.

Make sure you change the oil and may put a can of motor flush in for 5 minutes before the oil change.

Is your car a 5mt ? 5eat's don't like more HP without tranny work.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Remove the banjo filter, flush the oil system. Drive the car and begin to listen for the turbo to start to whine under boost. When the whine turns into a whistle stop driving the car. Replace the turbo.

You got maybe two months.

I've been over 5000 miles on the new vf52 after the P0011 and P0021. The main thing is listen for the noise.

Don't forget the oil pickup tube.

453747.png

• 10 months later...
When was the last time the sparkplugs been changed? I've had the same issue once, until I pulled my plugs and found out they had High Speed Glazing on them. Once I changed them, problem solved.

Just like everyone said, pull the code and start from there.

Im having that same issue but the only codes i got were bank 1 sensor one and bank one sensor2... n it does feel like my clutch or even tranny is slipping.. any new info on this issue??

dude, threads over a year dead... use search function.. read all of these forums and find out who is knowledgable and send them a PM, it'll save you from getting flamed.

You probably need oxygen sensors, or it could have a small vacuum leak causing it to read lean at times, or plugs are fouled out.

Just a line on the CEL/ Cruise Control light. After searching the net for an answer I found a simple suggestion that you should check the Fuel filler cap . The suggestion was that if it's not screwed on really tight it can throw the CEL light. It worked for me , so it's worn a try before you start losing sleep over the cause.

• I Donated
Im having that same issue but the only codes i got were bank 1 sensor one and bank one sensor2... n it does feel like my clutch or even tranny is slipping.. any new info on this issue??

Neither of those are the complete codes. What are the two complete codes you got, including the Pxxxx numbers?

And no, it has nothing to do with a slipping clutch. And the transmission won't slip unless it's an automatic, in which case you wouldn't have a clutch anyway.

Just a line on the CEL/ Cruise Control light. After searching the net for an answer I found a simple suggestion that you should check the Fuel filler cap . The suggestion was that if it's not screwed on really tight it can throw the CEL light. It worked for me , so it's worn a try before you start losing sleep over the cause.

The code you will get in that situation is an evaporative emissions code, which approximately 0 people asking for help in this thread have gotten.

Bank 1 & 2 sensor's are related to O2 sensors. Something is causing your O2 sensors to trigger a code. Could be a vacuum leak, miss firing of spark plugs, etc...

Look for leaks, check the spark plugs or replace them if needed, and test the O2 sensors.

Had the same issues (acting weird, less than expected power, acted like a misfire in the 1500 RPM range, etc) on my 2007 Spec B with 102K miles. Turned out to be the Oil Control Valves. Replaced them and it runs better than ever now and my mileage went up (32 MPG highway at 65...)

Archived