LegacyGT.com

18G upgrade, anyone have one?

Thanks man. Is one vag-com cable the same as another? Found this one on Amazon..

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/OBD2-Diagnostic-Cable-KKL409-1-VAG-COM/dp/B002WIN8VQ]Amazon.com: OBD2 OBD II Diagnostic USB Cable For KKL409.1 VAG-COM 409: Camera & Photo[/ame]

what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What's up with this graph? Aren't the HP and TQ lines supposed to intersect at 5250 rpm?

I didn't think there was a certain standard for when they have to intersect. But I could be wrong.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

What's up with this graph? Aren't the HP and TQ lines supposed to intersect at 5250 rpm?

That happens when both sides are scaled the same. I'm assuming that is taken from a dynapack which likes to have each side different.

It looks like a dynapack software screenshot. Not sure what supporting mods you have but those nubmers seem low for an 18g...

Dyno was with a dynopak at Agile Auto. Ambient temps were around 65 and the tune was on 93. If you look closely you can see my stg 2 protune. It's a dotted line and didn't turn up very well when I scanned the printout.

Mods at the time were:

BNR 18g

AVO inlet

K&N typhoon

GS Up with Tial 38mm EWG

GS EBCS

RacerX FMIC

Invidia Catless DP

Magnaflow CB

DW 850s

Walbro 255

Killer B pickup & windage trey

I'm sure I'm missing some things but that's the gist of it. I thought it was rather low too, which is why I assumed it was due to the stock housing. I just don't think the BNR turbos perform unless you stick with the HTA or the 16g. Anything else seems to be a bit dissappointing.

Here was my stg2 protune on the same dyno.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/00vr6gti/sc02febb02.jpg

Mods at this time were simple

SPT intake w/ heatshield

Invidia Catless DP

Magnaflow CP

GS EBCS

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

Hmm...interesting discussion. Am considering a BNR 18G in the future as well. After pulling together the supporting mods of course...

Since E85 has been mentioned...so the only thing different hardware-wise about running E85 is the need for even larger injectors (this is of course assuming you already have an upgraded fuel pump and other supporting mods for)? I always hear people talking about getting 1000cc injectors when running E85. Is it possible to have a car set up with 2 separate tunes...one for when E85 is available, and one for pump gas? Or would the larger injectors required for E85 be un-ideal for pump gas?

You can run the larger injectors on pump gas, they will just have a lower IDC. Not a problem at all for them.

But I've heard that too big injectors and low duty cycles can cause some issues with fuel atomization. Granted, this was not within the Subie community so maybe things are different in the Subie world? So, how about it tuners (Infamous1)? There any issues tuning a car for pump gas (Unfortunately, crappy CA91 here) with too-large injectors?

Sorry...didn't mean to thread-jack...

• 2 weeks later...
Well gents, Ive had my car back for about a week now and am very impressed with the BNR 18G setup! I still have yet to rev higher than 4000-4500 RPMs cause Im still lacking a tune and was instructed to stay out of boost as much as possible per Bryan @ BNR, but I can most certainly tell a big difference. I would definitely recommend this as an upgrade or replacement to other members! I fully intend to get up with Shamar @ Infamous (probably once the holidays have passed) and get the tune squared away. Its so hard staying out of the throttle for now though!
what did u mean when you said. it felt like i was driving a civic? did u mean the car felt like it was more dependable and it was getting better mpg's?

Archived