LegacyGT.com

Toe-In Adjustment on the Rear

f1anatic

Quick Question: Is this the only bolt (2) for Toe-In adjustment on the rear ? I got a wheel alignment done this evening and the tech told me the left rear one was stuck. I probably have to order one from Subaru as a spare, in case when trying to loosen, it gets somehow damaged. They claim they tried heating it but if PB Blaster doesn't do it, then I am screwed. Does anyone have any experience with them ?

Thanks.

442346440_Toe-InAdjustment.JPG.ce69d91cf949a15af30f717a546fc5a5.JPG

Yes that is the adjustment bolt for the rear alignment. With age they frequently freeze up and can break during an alignment. One of my rear ones froze but they were able to free it up. Since then I carry a new spare set from Subaru if needed.

I just went thru this. I ended up cutting the bolt apart with a sawzall and replacing the whole control arm since they are only about $70 with new bushings. If you wanted to re-use the control arm, the bushing is about $10.

There is another thread going that has some incorrect part #s for the hardware required.

The correct part #'s for an 05' LGT are:

cam bolt - 901700122

cam washer - 903100171

additional washer - 902350006

locking nut - 20560AA011

Yup both of mine are bad, when I tried to get alignment this summer.

I ordered 2 sets of bolts, washers and nuts from the dealer. havent had time to bring it back to get aligned and have them install it.

Archived