LegacyGT.com

p2009 - cost to fix

So I just got this car used, have had it barely two months, and am having issues with this code now. TGV system has some sort of problem. Yay.

Any estimates on how much the dealer will charge to fix this? I've seen the cost of the deletes and it's pretty shocking. $200-300 just for the part.

2005 lgt, 63000 miles.

I have a ton of tools but I'm not familiar with this car or these engines whatsoever. Without a walkthrough literally showing every single step I'm no good on doing the job myself. I have a subaru tech who may take it as a side job and charge me 1/2 on the labor. Just wondering how many hours it takes. I read on nasioc it's a 4-6 hour job. That's gonna be a TON of money if I were to have the dealer do it.

Ask your tech friend if you can help him do this so you can become familiar with the engine.

It's something your going to want to know about.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Honestly guys I don't have much drive or desire to work on the car. I have a boosted mustang I toy with and that's enough work as it is. The other two cars go to the shop unless it's super easy like air filters, oil changes, etc.. I do all that stuff. If what I read on nasioc is correct and shops want 4-6 hours for this then it's apparently a pain in the ass.

If there exists a step by step illustrated DIY then I might change my mind on this one. Otherwise I'm inclined to let someone else deal with it. I guess I was just a little shocked and irritated that a car I just bought two months ago with only 63K on it needs a $600-800 repair job. Hopefully it doesn't end up costing that much but it doesn't look good.

Archived