LegacyGT.com

New CR-V Revealed

We are glad we didn't wait for it:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1014380

It will do well and is improvement over last CR-V, but reveals Hondas overly cautious approach. The kicker here is failure to make real FE gains, rather than nudges to make it look better on paper; see Impreza for what a real engineering company would do. For the CR-V, same powertrain, same tired old 5-speed auto. Again, I don't doubt this is a great vehicle, but Honda can do better, and I will take my Legacy over it any day.

We are glad we didn't wait for it:

http://www.vtec.net/news/news-item?news_item_id=1014380

It will do well and is improvement over last CR-V, but reveals Hondas overly cautious approach. The kicker here is failure to make real FE gains, rather than nudges to make it look better on paper; see Impreza for what a real engineering company would do. For the CR-V, same powertrain, same tired old 5-speed auto. Again, I don't doubt this is a great vehicle, but Honda can do better, and I will take my Legacy over it any day.

I agree. That's it? They change the rear window to an angle instead of drop? Mileage on the FWD (front wheel drive) is 31 mpg? That sucks...

Come on Honda. You can do better. Not saying Subaru is great and Honda has Subaru beat in the quality of some parts. It's just disappointing.

From reading a few reviews, it sounds like they've made a lot of small improvements, just nothing groundbreaking.

MPG isn't a huge leap, but it's now ahead of pretty much everything in the class. The upcoming CX-5 does 2mpg better city (estimated), and we don't know what the new Escape will be rated at. Hybrids get better city, lower hwy. Outback is just -1 hwy.

A CVT in the Forester should put it up in the range of the CR-V and CX-5.

If/when the diesel CX-5 arrives, that will most likely be the biggest leap in crossover fuel economy. (Sounds like we'll probably see that before a diesel Forester in the U.S.)

From reading a few reviews, it sounds like they've made a lot of small improvements, just nothing groundbreaking.

MPG isn't a huge leap, but it's now ahead of pretty much everything in the class. The upcoming CX-5 does 2mpg better city (estimated), and we don't know what the new Escape will be rated at. Hybrids get better city, lower hwy. Outback is just -1 hwy.

A CVT in the Forester should put it up in the range of the CR-V and CX-5.

If/when the diesel CX-5 arrives, that will most likely be the biggest leap in crossover fuel economy. (Sounds like we'll probably see that before a diesel Forester in the U.S.)

Welcome to the world of HONDA in the last 10 years.... Yes they sell wal-mart quantities of Accords, CR-Vs, and Civics, but they really haven't pushed the boundaries lately like they did in the 90's when everybody really fell in love with the Brand.

I would rather lease a Kia Sportage than buying a CR-V.

I was recently in a loaded press vehicle Sportage and I've had plenty of seat time in the current CR-V, and I agree with you. I would take the Sportage over the CR-V any day. It's nice the Sportage offers an air-conditioned seat, that's not something you find in this class. It's too bad it's only the driver's seat!

At least the Kia Sportage has a turbo trim. Unfortunately both have somewhat large blindspots due to styling.

The backup camera is your friend in the Sportage. You can't tell where the back end is at all!

The backup camera is your friend in the Sportage. You can't tell where the back end is at all!

It's sad that we have come to expect a backup camera in cars these days. A friend recently rejected a 3 series b/c it didn't come with a backup camera option. :spin:

I have enough drama for now.....

It's sad that we have come to expect a backup camera in cars these days. A friend recently rejected a 3 series b/c it didn't come with a backup camera option. :spin:

I'll admit they're nice to have, but I'd never turn away a car because it didn't have one, and I'd never pay for one as a standalone option. If it came bundled in a package I wanted, then fine, but if not, I could easily live without one. Heck, my Legacy doesn't have one and I haven't backed into anything... yet.

backup cameras are useless and stupid. just like GPS devices.

they babysit drivers into complacency, and then said drivers suck at life and piss me off.

Because looking at paper directions in an unfamiliar area is so much safer than following a GPS :spin:.

Because looking at paper directions in an unfamiliar area is so much safer than following a GPS :spin:.

It's safer if you stop.

It's also safer to learn where the f*ck you're going before you set off, instead of relying on a computer to know it for you. This way you're paying attention to the roads, exits, and associated signage instead of staring at a 5" screen and not the f*cking road.

I was coming home for Thanksgiving and almost every other car had a damn GPS on the dash turned on while driving down the interstate. How stupid and helpless do you have to be to need a green arrow to stay on the highway?

Archived