LegacyGT.com

Getting H1 bulb locally?

Hi, long story short. I have a blown hid bulb from DDM and filing a claim right now, DDM tuning warranty policy is kinda suck, you have to send them back the bulb and they will start sending you a replacement from China.

I have already lost my headlight for 2 weeks. And they said i am not very likely to get it until end of next week. winter is coming and it's getting dark at rush hour after work.

So i wanna get a pair of H1 bulb locally and put it on for safety. Does anyone know where i can get one locally? Any local store carries the JDM H1?

As far as getting a H1 HID bulb anywhere local I doubt it. I might ask Paul J. McCain (spelling?) from diode dynamics. Their bulbs are plug and play with DDM ballast and he could probably get them to you quicker.

I think last time I asked him about those bulbs it was something like $45 a pair shipped.

No I just pm'd him about a set because they looked compatible. I have read good things about their kits and bulbs so I wouldn't consider them to be any less quality than DDM. Couldn't say if they are any better though..

I didn't end up ordering from them. I've used DDM bulbs for years and never had one blow but I know the DDM warranty is a PITA because I had to replace a bad ballast through that process.

Pm Paul. I bet he could get you the bulbs fairly quickly.

Archived