LegacyGT.com

Help fixing window trim/ molding

• I Donated

You can peel all of it off and paint...or if you want to keep a silver look just throw a layer of clear coat over it. Ive seen several people do it

If you want something a little thicker than paint, maybe spray on truck bed liner will come out nicely

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
It looks kind of coroded and rusted a bit on your picture. Get some really fine sand paper (1500 grit at first) and wetsand the hell out of it. Then get 2000 grit and wetsand some more. That should bring it back to shiny silverish chrome. Just don't sand the finish off of it lol. THEN clear coat

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• I Donated
Good luck! if that one messed up one comes out good after you're finished with it go through and do the rest of them like that so they all match!

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Good luck with it and let us know how it comes out.

If it turns into failure, you can always just paint. If you like the silver chrome look, you can buy chrome spray paint to use...

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

• I Donated

Look in the factory service manual. There is a body section of it.

You can find a download link in the Engine FAQ at the top of the forum

-broknindarkagain

COME AND TAKE IT

Thanks!:) Yeah only issues it had when we got it was the struts and front wheel bearings needed replacing, which we did. My dad also got me the wheels as a present because it needed new tires anyway. I am currently working on the trim and I would like to replace the driver side mirror at some point because it is foggy.

Archived