LegacyGT.com

Hid's in stock headlights

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • I Donated

Info from http://www.sylvania.com/ConsumerProducts/AutomotiveLighting/LampReplacementGuide/

1997 SUBARU Legacy

High & low beam headlamp

9003/HB2

9003SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.

9003ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.

9003EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.

9003XV XtraVision Halogen - The Brighter Light

9003CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

Parking light

1157A

1157ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front turn signal

1157A

1157ALL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Rear turn signal

1156ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

1156LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Tail light

1157ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

1157LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Stop light

1157ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

1157LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

High mount stop light

912LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

921ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

921LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Fog/Driving light

9006SU SilverStar Ultra: The brightest and whitest light. Up to 50% brighter, up to 40% more downroad visibility and up to 50% more sideroad visibility.

9006ST SilverStar: The brighter and whiter light. Up to 35% brighter, up to 30% more downroad visibility and up to 35% more sideroad visibility.

9006EB EcoBright - Your Environmental Choice. Save Energy - Save Money. Up to 25% brighter light. CO2 reduced 9 to 21%. Gas savings $2 to $19.

9006XV XtraVision: The brighter light for upgraded performance. Up to 30% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

9006CB Cool Blue: The whiter light for style. Up to 25% brighter light and up to 25% more downroad visibility.

H3-55W

License plate

168ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

168LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

194ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

194LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Back up light

1156ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

1156LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Front sidemarker

1157A

Rear sidemarker

168ST SilverStar: The brighter, whiter signal light. Up to 30% brighter light, up to 20% whiter light and up to 10% farther and wider.

168LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Map light

DE3175

DE3175LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Dome light

DE3175

DE3175LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

Instrument-general

158LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

74LL SYLVANIA Long Life miniature bulbs perform twice as long as any standard miniature bulb. Designed for durability, lower maintenance and greater safety.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

DONT BUY EBAY KITS!!!!

DDM tuning offers very good kits for $30+shipping.

I have the 35W 4300k and I think it is too ricey blue... I have a 55w 4300k kit on order, hope the blue tint will be gone.

Yeah DO NOT BUY EBAY KIT

I bought mine off EBAY from some knock off place, the kit worked for about a week, then my left light became dimmer than the right one. Then the plug wouldn't stay in so I had to electrical tape it to stay in. Then the damn left side kit just straight up broke, so I have one headlight now......

I'm ordering a 35w 8k Hi/Lo Beam kit off DDM Tuning after the great reviews on here

• 2 weeks later...
I know its an old thread but.......I just read this an kinda laughed at the arguement about cutoffs on jdms blinding traffic on rhd cars.......do you understand the not every country that is in the jdm market has lhd traffic patterns? Sooo either all of france is blinding people on the roads or the cutoffs aren't that significant like someone pointed out.

• 2 weeks later...

Sylvania silverstars are the brightest bulbs that I would buy because I don't like a bulb that's too white. Buy these or the bulbs just below them. I have a mental block on the name at the moment though..

Also, make sure you've cleared your headlights if they've developed any haze. The will make a huge difference.

YES the Sylvania OSRAM bulbs. That's the name I couldn't remember off hand. Those were the bulbs that I originally had in the car. One went and I replaced them with a spare set of standard bulbs that I had. There's a quite noticeable difference between the two.

And the silverstars aren't all that bad. My buddy has a set in his CR-V. They aren't even all that white, but too white for my taste. They are very bright though. Brighter than the ORASM's, but they produce more glare.

You can get set of ORASM bulbs on eBay for $20 to $30

I prefer white light, the blue bulbs annoy me, they seem to glare harsher at the same light levels. I would love to get my hands on some H3 HIR's for the Hi beam in my projectors. Standard H1's are fine for the low beam for me.

Well that's what I'm saying, neither Silverstars or OSRAM's are blue. They are bright white and somewhat white, respectively. I prefer the somewhat whites though. Makes it easier to see in the rain at night. The white or bluer a light beam is, the harder it is to see.

JDM lights wont blind oncoming. people dont understand the beauty of projectors, YES they are made to throw more light on the left side of the road to light up signs and ped's. but guess what? you can aim them lower! OMG i know tough concept to grasp. even with them aimed low enough not to blind others, they preform much better than stock USDM headlights.

they use a H1 bulbs and I would never put a Hid kit in them. They chrome in those projectors is crappy and HID bulbs run hotter causing that chrome to bubble and fade, ultimately fading your output over time.

i recommend doing a retrofit. Yes they are expensive. but you can source parts cheaper over time. I did s2000 projectors in my jdm headlights with 50 watt phillips dl50 bulbs and 50 watt ballasts. were talking 800$ just for parts here. but this is the outcome...

-B

Do things the right way the first time.

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5186/5639416928_e4d1820f58_b.jpg

• 1 month later...

Archived