LegacyGT.com

I'm in love... :D! Sasha from Ohio 06 LGT SPEC B

lol slow

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The funny part is that you for some reason tend to think that an entire community of owners of these things collectively has no idea how fast they are, and that you, by yourself, are the one true holder of this knowledge.

Also, if the previous owner legitimately ran a 13.5 1/4 in it, you're going to want to save up for a new transmission.

Actually the owner beat up the tranny hard with launches, I never launched the car before and don't plan on it. He told me the transmission was rebuilt and then he sold the car, still covered by warranty, but it's holding together solid, no grinds and no lift shift is smooth.

Now, when it comes to the Evo and the STI I did beat them, maybe not car for car, but when it came to driver, I did...which isn't a bad thing just shows I have a least some what decent skill. I try not to beat the car hard, I cruise a lot, which is why I opted for the Legacy vs the STI.

Can anyone tell me, how much larger is the 2011 STI turbo vs the one we have? Like I make 245whp on my turbo at 17psi, at 17psi on the STI turbo I'd make roughly...?

Actually the owner beat up the tranny hard with launches, I never launched the car before and don't plan on it. He told me the transmission was rebuilt and then he sold the car, still covered by warranty, but it's holding together solid, no grinds and no lift shift is smooth.

Now, when it comes to the Evo and the STI I did beat them, maybe not car for car, but when it came to driver, I did...which isn't a bad thing just shows I have a least some what decent skill. I try not to beat the car hard, I cruise a lot, which is why I opted for the Legacy vs the STI.

Can anyone tell me, how much larger is the 2011 STI turbo vs the one we have? Like I make 245whp on my turbo at 17psi, at 17psi on the STI turbo I'd make roughly...?

you'd be better off with the vf52 from the 09+ wrx. unless you really want an sti turbo, in which case you'll need a FMIC.

^I smoke lamps.

Anyways, BMX045...that's interesting, would the motor handle the STI turbo if I were to get a FMIC? I had a tuner company contact me, said for $5,000 they could get me an FP green turbo, fuel upgrade and make me 350awhp and 400tq... to pricey.

I see, I'm just wondering because my buddy is upgrading his 2011 STI to a bigger turbo, so his will be for sale and it has very low miles.

yes your motor can handle it. our blocks are rated for hp well over 300. the flanges are a different style than yours>(which is same as 09+ wrx). so you'd need a fmic for it.

I see I see, I'm happy with the way the car is and it puts a smile on my face, so it'll be left a lone in till it's probably paid off. Thanks for the information everyone, sorry if I pissed anyone off, and you're welcome if I made you laugh and kept you busy during work :).

We're all forgetting a very important fact here, it's a spec.B, it can run a 13.5 1/4 mile in reverse...

WELL DUH! I also beat a C5 Zo6 yesterday.

hahaha

truth is, I had no idea what a Spec B was in till the day I test drove it. Bought it the next day.

the interior sold me, didn't care about anything else that spec b's offer.

Archived