LegacyGT.com

Which car battery should I go with?

Its best to have the receipt yourself otherwise it runs through the member number. I recommend just giving your friend $20 or so and having them get you a couple gift cards for $10 that way you can go in when you want.

2003 Baja 5MT

2016 Outback 2.5i Premium w/Eyesight

I know what not to get. A walmart brand battery. No bueno. They last like a year.

I installed my Walmart Maxx Everstart Oct 11 09, it's still working fine.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

got the battery tested this morning before work and the guy said it was cranking out a wicked 2 amps. FYI this is the stock battery in my 08 LGT its 430cca's

http://i529.photobucket.com/albums/dd340/Jay04WRX/d2f05371.jpg

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

I got a Duralast Gold from Autozone and it was a great battery up here in the cold Wisconsin winters. I've replaced a few OEM batteries with Duralasts and have always been happy. But like others have said there are only about 3 battery manufactures so most are just rebranded with different warranties.

I knew JC made Optima batteries, but I didn't know they made most others.
[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

Strange question but i disconnected the old battery yesterday morning car was dead. Hooked up the new one this morning (kirkland 640cca) and drove it to work however it didnt drive like it did prior. Since the battery was disconnected does the AP need to relearn my driving again? I was in 5th on the highway when the car hit boost then it felt like it stopped spooling. I tried to repeat it but it didnt work the 2nd time. Car almost feels slugish with the new battery kinda hard to explain.

I think the ECU/AP need to learn all over again, what do you think?

I was 0.

And I'm still a zero.

:lol:

Strange question but i disconnected the old battery yesterday morning car was dead. Hooked up the new one this morning (kirkland 640cca) and drove it to work however it didnt drive like it did prior. Since the battery was disconnected does the AP need to relearn my driving again? I was in 5th on the highway when the car hit boost then it felt like it stopped spooling. I tried to repeat it but it didnt work the 2nd time. Car almost feels slugish with the new battery kinda hard to explain.

I think the ECU/AP need to learn all over again, what do you think?

Yes, the ECU will need to relearn your driving style. Your AP might have went back to the stock/base map. You might might have to reflash the tuned/realtime map back on top.

So drive it hard. It will be fine after a few miles.

• 1 month later...
I had a walmart battery in my wifes car that barely lasted a year. I had an interstate battery in my last beater and that thing lasted forever. Im currently trying to decide on a battery for my legacy though.

one thing that hasent been mentioned here is batteries and their weights....

"good quality" batteries can be near 50lbs (referencing die hard platinum here) while others are typically 30-40ish... That may be something for other to consider as well.

Archived