LegacyGT.com

IAG Performance vs. Agile Automotive

magnoon

+1 for Jorge at IAG

I found the people at IAG more helpful and interested in my business than Agile when I was making my decision for a tune.

Can't say I agree with this. I swapped springs on my Impreza, with a friend, an dont remember it taking seven hours. My coilovers took that long. No body at AIG fold me this and seemed unconcerned when I said I would wait. All day. No loaner provided for me to grab lunch. No "you sure man? It's a long wait."

Eventually my wife had to go to work and I had to interrupt the alignment cuz we couldnt get a sitter for the kids. I was upset when I was charged for the hour it took to finish the alingment. I was told that it was common knowledge that it takes ALL day to install coilovers.

I paid it. I won't be back.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Can't say I agree with this. I swapped springs on my Impreza, with a friend, an dont remember it taking seven hours. My coilovers took that long. No body at AIG fold me this and seemed unconcerned when I said I would wait. All day. No loaner provided for me to grab lunch. No "you sure man? It's a long wait."

Eventually my wife had to go to work and I had to interrupt the alignment cuz we couldnt get a sitter for the kids. I was upset when I was charged for the hour it took to finish the alingment. I was told that it was common knowledge that it takes ALL day to install coilovers.

Was this recent? I would have taken that up with the manager. I can't imagine that it would take 7 hours to do a swap. It only takes me 3 hours to do it in my driveway. Maybe another 1 to 1.5 for the alignment. I guess if they took the springs off of your friends car and put them on yours it could take a long time on your end.

This past summer. The work was great, and I love the BC coilovers. Just amazed by how absolutely certain they seemed that they were right. That's not customer service. I didn't get names but the suspension expert actually commented that he'd never met a customer as unreasonable as I was. LOL!

wow, i mean i've been to IAG, not "AIG", more times than i can count and never once felt like they were being dishonest about something. of course shits expensive, but thats what it comes down to when you want a professional's work.

they only had a loaner vehicle for about 2 months period before it took a crap on them.

and also, the install plus the time of the alignment is what you were told would take 7 hours.

bottom line, shit happens....always bring more money than you think you will need to an install because you never know what could happen during the process.

+1 IAGPerformance.

This past summer. The work was great, and I love the BC coilovers. Just amazed by how absolutely certain they seemed that they were right. That's not customer service. I didn't get names but the suspension expert actually commented that he'd never met a customer as unreasonable as I was. LOL!

I'm still surprised. I guess there are two sides to every story. I'm sure you were the most understanding and reasonable patron they have ever had.:p

I've read their reviews on Nasioc, I don't think there are but 1 or 2 people that have anything less than excellent things to say. I guess your story shows that nothing can be 100%.

My husband and I are both tuned by Agile. I couldn't be any happier. I also have the 52 and made 280/325......but I also don't have injectors and my exhaust isn't a full 3". I am glad to see your numbers so I know round about what Ill make when I get that stuff fixed. I have heard great things about IAG too and wouldn't hesitate to go their either. I just like to stick to one person working on my car.....just me.

I'm sorry but the stock TB hose sucks when running higher boost....and a different clamp wouldn't have fixed that. Before I got the AVO one I was stuck on the side of the road at least a handful of times when the hose blew off. I am so glad I found the AVO one because my dumbass would still be breaking down and putting it back in and breaking down and putting it back on.....etc. :lol:

The 52 may make 40 numbers sometimes but the two don't even compare IMO....it may be the same tq but it doesn't take me as long to get to the peak tq....the spool from this turbo makes me smile (for a stock turbo). The 40 always had nice tq but the power band sucked. When the 52 came out it was a fix. It had the nice tq of the 40 but it could make the power like the STI turbo could.

I love it :)

• 4 weeks later...

I remember this. If anyone wants the whole story...contact IAG or myself.

Maryland's Suby friendly Realtor. My favorite suby shop:

http://www.IAGPerformance.com

Archived