LegacyGT.com

IAG Performance vs. Agile Automotive

magnoon

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my car tuned at Agile Automotive Performance yesterday morning, and here are the final numbers (On a dynojet, I believe):

304 bhp

333 btq

My mod list:

- DW 740cc Injectors

- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

- VF-52 Turbocharger

- FMS FMIC

- GrimmSpeed EBCS

- AEM CAI

- ERZ 3" Catless Downpipe

- Invidia Q300 V3 CBE

- Blitz BOV

- Rebuilt shortblock w/ STI forged pistons, rods, etc.

Do these numbers seen a little low?? I'm not sure, but I guess I was expecting a little more

Thanks,

Chris

I would say they are a little high. But that is to be expected on a Dynapak. I imagine that Hill would've cut your peak numbers to provide you with a better overall tune. If you ever drive a car that was tuned for the peak number you'll find that it sucks, a better drivable car is one that is cut back from its potential to provide a better/safer/more drivable tune (driving experience). I just noticed you didn't indicate different injectors... you might have just ran out of fuel.

The thing to think about is:

Do you like the way the car drive?

If yes. It doesn't matter what the numbers said (even if you get it redyno'd there you won't get the same numbers)

if no. Go to a different tuner and get tuned again.

I got my car tuned at Agile Automotive Performance yesterday morning, and here are the final numbers (On a dynojet, I believe):

304 bhp

333 btq

My mod list:

- VF-52 Turbocharger

- FMS FMIC

- GrimmSpeed EBCS

- AEM CAI

- Invidia Q300 V3 CBE

- Blitz BOV

Do these numbers seen a little low?? I'm not sure, but I guess I was expecting a little more

Thanks,

Chris

bro thats wheel horsepower. and im sure that tq on the stockish turbo is hella fun. with your built internals you should bump up the size of the turbo and youll be very very satisfied.

I would say they are a little high. But that is to be expected on a Dynapak. I imagine that Hill would've cut your peak numbers to provide you with a better overall tune. If you ever drive a car that was tuned for the peak number you'll find that it sucks, a better drivable car is one that is cut back from its potential to provide a better/safer/more drivable tune (driving experience). I just noticed you didn't indicate different injectors... you might have just ran out of fuel.

The thing to think about is:

Do you like the way the car drive?

If yes. It doesn't matter what the numbers said (even if you get it redyno'd there you won't get the same numbers)

if no. Go to a different tuner and get tuned again.

Whoops thanks for pointing that out, yea I have DW 740cc Injectors and a walbro 255lph fuel pump. Editing that now..

What I'm most worried about is this: During the tuning session, my TB hose kept popping off and the car stalling out whenever full boost was hit. Therefore, it seems that my power is plateuing pretty early (5k rpms). I may just purchase the avo tb hose and go back for a quick tune adjustment.

will do. thanks for your help! btw kind of off topic, but how'd you relocate your front license plate? I just have it in the windshield right now because i dont want it blocking flow to the fmic..

about 10 zip ties and alot of experimenting lol. i too couldnt run the grimmspeed bracket because my IC piping is in the way of the tow hook

304 bhp

333 btq

My mod list:

- DW 740cc Injectors

- Walbro 255lph Fuel Pump

- VF-52 Turbocharger

- FMS FMIC

- GrimmSpeed EBCS

- AEM CAI

- Invidia Q300 V3 CBE

- Blitz BOV

Thanks,

Chris

I think there good numbers. That's roughly what my car makes on the same dyno.

How is spool? A larger maf won't do you any good.

Slammed more than your girlfriend.

I think there good numbers. That's roughly what my car makes on the same dyno.

How is spool? A larger maf won't do you any good.

I can't test it out yet... if i get on it at all the TB hose pops off... I'm gonna have to order the AVO piece and then I'll see what happens when i get that in...

Why not just get rid of the spider clamp. You can replace it with a T-bolt.

How much boost are you running? How was the tune completed if the hose kept 'popping' off. I can't believe Hill would let a car leave his shop if it wasn't drivable.

I wouldn't have left the shop until that issue was resolved. Doesn't speak well for Agile that they let you leave there shop like that.

Aren't you using an FMS FMIC? Didn't that include new couplers for the throttle body to IC piping? Why do you need the AVO unit?

That is the one coupler that wasnt included :/. Hill was very kind about the issue and pointed me in the right direction with the AVO hose. Granted, he charged me a half hour of labor to put the hose back on three times, but it's whatever. I hope i can fix the issue and then return to him for a tune tweaking for hopefully a very small fee...

:(

That's no good. I can't believe they expect you to use the stock hose in only that spot. Poor product in my eyes. For the extra 10 bucks it prob cost for the silicone connector it really makes the 'kit' seem less then complete.

will do. thanks for your help! btw kind of off topic, but how'd you relocate your front license plate? I just have it in the windshield right now because i dont want it blocking flow to the fmic..

I would just bend your plate back where the plate over the fmic. You will get pulled over in maryland for not having out mounted and the windshield doesn't count.

Why not just get rid of the spider clamp. You can replace it with a T-bolt.

How much boost are you running? How was the tune completed if the hose kept 'popping' off. I can't believe Hill would let a car leave his shop if it wasn't drivable.

I Believe it. Bad though.

i mean, it's "drivable"... i just can't hit 3400 rpm, which is where i reach full boost (21 psi, according to Hill). But yea, the hose popped off a few times during the dyno pulls...

you think he could've thrown in hose clamp to make the tune complete. Anyone else would've, sorry to hear they haven't changed.

That is the one coupler that wasnt included :/. Hill was very kind about the issue and pointed me in the right direction with the AVO hose. Granted, he charged me a half hour of labor to put the hose back on three times, but it's whatever. I hope i can fix the issue and then return to him for a tune tweaking for hopefully a very small fee...

He will charge you full price, that's why don't go back to them.

Sent from my 4G ASS

Yeah that is complete BS. I would have raised Hell!!!

How do you pull a car off the dyno when you can't even complete a service that is paid for. For the cost of the tune (500) a 10 dollar t-bolt should have been the least of there worries to satisfy a customer and a complete a tune.

WTFBBQ!!!

Just one of the reasons not to go to Agile.

Why do VF52's seem to routinely make VF40 torque?

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

i probably should have said something. idk why i didn't. Hill said that he completed the tune... but i can't really find out yet until i get this hose on, so afterwards i'll see how great his tune is... surely if it is crap he should stand behind his work and fix it...

Archived