LegacyGT.com

Back to back comparison SH-AWD vs LGT 5mt AWD

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^This is just perfect! I think every thread on this forum could somehow turn out to be a debate about tires.

I ask how to change a headlight, someone can tell me how it wouldve never happened with the right tires. I ask why I have water in the trunk, you guessed it, tires! AWD, tires! Pow! Pow!

^This is just perfect! I think every thread on this forum could somehow turn out to be a debate about tires.

:) I concur but you have to justify the purchase of rims/tires somewhere what equates to about 2% - 10% of your drive time where specialty tires help. Not knocking anyone.

I actually need AWD to get to a ski house with poor plowing (when the neighbor feels up to it) and steep gravel roads. However its nice with Acura MDX it actually makes the vehicle more stable to drive and also its SH-AWD actually helps it round corners better. Still feels like a bloated boat compared to LGT.

..................Both my wife and I found the Acura MDX simply tracked straight without any corrections or swishing left/right due to heavy slush and puddles. The Legacy GT had the road feel for sure but was swimming a bit requiring constant corrections............

I agree about the 2005 Legacy "swimming" in deep (>6") slush. The 100% mechanical VC center and rear differentials are too slow and too dumb to compensate for those conditions.

All season tires are not good at anything honestly. A winter tire should be used in winter and a summer tire in summer. all seasons are great for people who dont get snow. but the tread is not designed for snow or ice at all. just sayin :)

Truth! Maybe one day I can afford 2 sets of wheels/tires but here in Seattle I drive in the snow maybe a week or two a year (including ski trips)... It just hard to justify that kinda investment with such little snowfall (though I can definitely see it being a good investment in Alaska). Especially when there is so much other things I want to buy for the car!

• Mega Users

It has less to do with the type of tires being run and more to do with the oil. That LGT was obviously using inferior walmart oil. It should have been using synthetic.

Archived