LegacyGT.com

Cold Air Intake?!?!

ACE THIS

Guest turboman
So come to IL and dino that car :lol:

I know. I feel guilty about missing it. Especially the 5 or 6 toll booth drag races. But that Chicago traffic at rush hour is a nightmare.

For years I ran Tri-State events at Soldiers Field every couple of weeks. Matter of fact in '76 (Yikes) I was lucky enough to take the Central Division championship in a Rabbit, on Phoenix tires (21" tall).

In '74 (I think) my Pantera took the Central Division at Lake Geneva Speedway (not bragging, just an old codger) on the first set of 50 series BF Goodriches in the state. Got 'em for free from BF..because they used my name in one of their Car & Driver ads.

I know. I feel guilty about missing it. Especially the 5 or 6 toll booth drag races. But that Chicago traffic at rush hour is a nightmare.

For years I ran Tri-State events at Soldiers Field every couple of weeks. Matter of fact in '76 (Yikes) I was lucky enough to take the Central Division championship in a Rabbit, on Phoenix tires (21" tall).

In '74 (I think) my Pantera took the Central Division at Lake Geneva Speedway (not bragging, just an old codger) on the first set of 50 series BF Goodriches in the state. Got 'em for free from BF..

:lol: We arent doing this in the city or anywhere near the city. No toll booth racing ;)

I wish I had done my car stock to know what I did gain.

Guest turboman
:lol: We arent doing this in the city or anywhere near the city. No toll booth racing ;)

I wish I had done my car stock to know what I did gain.

Yea but Mapsonus says to get to Naperville the fastest way is down I-94 right through Chi-town.

Unless I swing over toward Madison and come down Hy 39. But it's a lot farther.

• 2 weeks later...
I have recently installed a K&N Typhoon short intake and Borla catback exhaust with no changes to my ECU. I can't say that I'm very impressed, power gain speaking. I have '05 GT with automatic tranny. I lost power in the range of 1000 to 3500 rpm, it is right above 3500 when you actually can feel +hp. Anything below that and it feels like the engine is choking with too much air + power loss. Also a lot of loud air whistling. Subaru dealership guys said off the record that they have tested Unichip on the car with same mods as mine and supposedly it works wonders. Anyone familiar with Unichip?

Thanks for the honest opinion. I had inquired earlier in this thread about K&N's claims regarding h.p. increases. You point out a very important issue concerning power curves and driveability.

For the record, the COBB Accessport (AP) is the ECU mod of choice here. Do a seach for tons of info.

Finally, how do you like the Borla Catback? I understand it doesn't offer much over stock performance-wise, but how do you rate the sound? Most imprtantly, will my wife give me "that look" the first time I pull into the garage w/the Borla? Ideally, I'd like to be able to use "STEALTH MODE" with the exhaust until I want to hear it, if you know what I mean.

Bzzt, or you could pony up the extra cash for an EcuTek license and actually tune and mod your car beyond an uppipe and downpipe.

I have a perrin short ram on my car, it sounds mean as hell, and I netted significant power gains from it with ecutek.

Archived