LegacyGT.com

2013 Audi A4 Allroad

Give me a white one. People who want to drive fast and not get noticed. Black is for insecure people who crave power. Red is for people who want to get noticed. Green is for people who want others to think they have money.

I would have pegged you as more of a yellow-car kind of guy...

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No minivans are for people who want to drive fast and not get noticed. You can drive a minivan 120 miles per hour in a school zone in front of a cop and not get a ticket, because you will be invisible.

Might be true in a town with 50 people. You can drive one.

Can't do that shit in a small town, you get noticed since cops have nothing better to do. Anyplace else though and a minivan will give you the ultimate in stealth speeding. Sadly it means you have to drive a minivan.

Can't do that shit in a small town, you get noticed since cops have nothing better to do. Anyplace else though and a minivan will give you the ultimate in stealth speeding. Sadly it means you have to drive a minivan.

That's why I chose a turbo wagon; plenty of utility without driving a minivan :)

I can attest to this. Never a second look when driving wife's odyssey around town. So roomy and nice, I love it.

Audi is nice car if under standard or extended warranty and keep it longer if you can wrench and get your hands dirty.

The Euro car labor hour is ranged from $80 - $110. Vag-com & Bentley repair manual for Audi diagnosis / servcice / repair is a must. For example ... you need Vag-com to monitor the tranny fluid temperature range in different procedures during the tranny service.

Audi dealer quoted me $2350 to have my 2002 A6Q 3.0L Avant timing belt service. I got it done at $1000 in Euro Indy shop. That was considered cheap.

Around here the small towns don't have cops and the city cops watch the school zones like hawks. The street signs have radar and they use the portable radar trailer. The cops here will write you for 5 mph over in a school zone.

Just differences in jurisdictions.

Anyone remember the A6 allroad? those were sick,twin turbo lifted wagons with like 320-330HP. I like this new A4 allroad aswell.

250HP/258TQ, same engine as the B5 S4. Could be modded to make great power, and had peak torque from 1850 RPM to redline though, so it was an amazing engine, IMHO

Audi just refreshed their A4 line and added another 1.8 tubo engine for a combined 23 engine and tranny choices. That is too much.

I desperately want an S4 and I admit I like this allroaf. It is the new high tech Subaru Outback of yester-year.

THere isn't a 1.8T engine in the US. It's either a 2.0T or the 3.0 super (S4). I don't think you can even option for a 3.2L V6 anymore.

Audi is nice car if under standard or extended warranty and keep it longer if you can wrench and get your hands dirty.

The Euro car labor hour is ranged from $80 - $110. Vag-com & Bentley repair manual for Audi diagnosis / servcice / repair is a must. For example ... you need Vag-com to monitor the tranny fluid temperature range in different procedures during the tranny service.

Audi dealer quoted me $2350 to have my 2002 A6Q 3.0L Avant timing belt service. I got it done at $1000 in Euro Indy shop. That was considered cheap.

Transmissions are lifetime fill so you really shouldn't need to ever change the fluid unless you get a leak. Also for the $1000 did they replace everything or just the timing belt? Did they do the thermostat, water pump, all the rollers, serp belt?

Anyone remember the A6 allroad? those were sick,twin turbo lifted wagons with like 320-330HP. I like this new A4 allroad aswell.

In 04-05 you could get the 4.2 V8 (S4 chain drive motor) in an Allroad. So you could get a 340hp engine in one. They were total sleepers too.

There is currently a A6 allroad out, but they decided againist bringing it to the US market. I'm doubting we'll see this one either. As far as the Q7 V12 TDi, price it out. I think it costs over $100k to buy one.

My ass they are. There is no such thing as lifetime transmission fluid regardless of what auto manufacturers claim.

That's per Audi/Vw and ZF (the transmission manufacturer). Do I totally agree......no. The trans fluid however is something like $30-$40 a quart and iirc the trans takes around 8 quarts.

That's per Audi/Vw and ZF (the transmission manufacturer). Do I totally agree......no. The trans fluid however is something like $30-$40 a quart and iirc the trans takes around 8 quarts.

That's why many owners have replaced the magical ZF speced syth blend ATF that has a shelf life printed on the bottle that miraculously becomes lifetime fluid when poured into the transmission with a full synthetic replacement like Amsoil, Mobil 1, etc... :)

Transmissions are lifetime fill so you really shouldn't need to ever change the fluid unless you get a leak.

If someone came to me with this statement and asked me if people would seriously believe it, I would have said "No one would ever fall for that trick." The fact that it works as the perfect device to sell new cars every 100k miles, says a lot about the ignorance of the modern car consumer. Not saying you're an idiot, I'm saying Everyone who believes that crap is seriously at the mercy of whatever they're fed.

My wife's Volvo clicked over to 70k before I caught the fluid in there as "lifetime" aka dirty, dark brown, depleted, in desperate need of replacement. Thank goodness my slowly cycling in fresh fluid did not cause any clumps to break loose and gunk up the trans, so we caught it in time to save it, which will allow the trans to live a lot longer than it was going to.

Though it would be nice to see a fluid package designed that retained all its cleaning and lubrication abilities for 200k miles, nothing even close to that exists, and anyone who says otherwise is selling something. Fresh ATF = happy car. Same as every fluid in the car: Diffs, engine oil, power steering, brake fluid, etc.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

If someone came to me with this statement and asked me if people would seriously believe it, I would have said "No one would ever fall for that trick." The fact that it works as the perfect device to sell new cars every 100k miles, says a lot about the ignorance of the modern car consumer. Not saying you're an idiot, I'm saying Everyone who believes that crap is seriously at the mercy of whatever they're fed.

I'm going by what the manufacturer and the transimission manufacturer (ZF) say. Again I don't agree with it, but Audi does not give a service interval for their transmissions other then CVT's and DSG's.

VEHICLE

ENGINE OIL

MANUAL TRANS. AUTOMATIC

TRANS.

DIFFERENTIAL

AUTOMATIC TRANS.

COOLING SYSTEM

POWER

STEERING

BRAKE

FLUID

A/C REFRIGERANT

R-134a

A/C REFRIGERANT OIL

A4

Cabriolet

w/Filter

Change

3.0L(AVK)

6.4L (6.8 qt.)

1.8L(AMB)

3.5L (3.7qt.)

01E (6 Spd AWD)

2.5L (2.6 qt.)

01A (5 Spd AWD)

2.75L (2.91 qt.)

Rear Final Drive

01R (5 Spd AWD)

1.9L (2.01 qt.)

012/01W (FWD)

2.25L (2.38 qt.)

01V

New Fill:

9.0L (9.5 qt.)

Change:

Approx.

2.6 . 3.0L

(2.7 . 3.2 qt.)

01J (CVT)

New Fill:

7.5L

( 7.9 qt. )

Change:

4.5.5.0L

(4.8.5.3 qt. )

01V (FWD,AWD)

Front Doff (AWD)

New Fill:

Approx. 0.8L (0.85 qt.)

Center Diff.( AWD)

New Fill:

Approx. 0.8L (0.85 qt.)

01R (AWD)

Rear Diff.

New Fill:

Approx. 1.5L (1.58 qt.)

01J (CVT)

Front Diff:

Approx. 1.3L (1.37 qt.)

3.0L (AVK)

8.0L (8.5 qt.)

1.8L (AMB)

7.0L (7.4 qt.)

0.7L.0.9L

(12 oz..15 oz.)

2.0L (2.1qt.)

Not including

amount siphoned

from brake fluid

reservoir

Note:

A small additional

amount may be

needed to top off

to max. indication

on vehicle brake

fluid reservoir.

480g + 50g

(19.2oz.+1.8oz.)

(only use R134a)

Use PAG Oil with

R134a

180cc

± 10cc

(6.1 oz.

± 0.3 oz.)

Use PAG oil,

Pt no. G 052 300 A2

ENGINE OIL: Approximate quantities! Use API SERVICE SL or SJ.VW 500 00 or VW 502 00Do not overfill! Overfilling engine oil can cause misfire DTC.s

to be stored in Engine Control Module (ECM) -J220-. To prevent overfilling, add approx. 0.5L less than capacity, start engine and let run until engine operating

temperature is approx. 60

C (140F), turn OFF ignition, wait approx. 3 minutes, check dipstick, then fill to MAX. See Repair Manual for details.

MANUAL TRANS.: Use synthetic oil, SAE 75W90 Part No. G 052 911 A1. Use gear oil GL 5 SAE 90 for 01R rear final drive.

AUTOMATIC TRANS.: Life-time filling, new fill quantities are for reference only. Only replace after repair (i.e. when removing oil pan). See Repair Manual (AESIS)

for details. Use VW ATF, Part No. G 052 162 A2 for 01V.

CVT Only: use G 052 180 A2.

AUTOMATIC TRANS. DIFF: Use synthetic oil, SAE 75W90, Part No. G 052 145 A2 . Use G 052 190 A2 for CVT, Use gear oil GL 5 SAE 90 for 01R final drive.

COOLING SYSTEM: Use only phosphate free coolant G 012 A8F A4 ( PURPLE COLORED).

older G 011 A8C or G 012 A8D

with G 012 A8F A4. This can result in serious damage to the engine

Frost protection is required down to approximately -25C (-13F). In countries with arctic

climates, frost protection is required down to approximately .35

C (.31F). The anti-freeze ratio must be a minimum of 40%, as otherwise frost protection is

reduced. The recommended mixture ratio is 50:50. If greater frost protection is required (very cold climates), the amount of G 012 A8F A4 can be increased, but

only up to 60%. This provides frost protection to approx. -40

C (.40F). Do not reduce the coolant concentration by adding water, even in warmer seasons and

in warmer countries, as cooling effectiveness will be reduced.

POWER STEERING: Hydraulic oil G002 000 . Do not use ATF.

BRAKE FLUID: Use new brake fluid in accordance with US standard FMVSS 116 Dot 4, Part No. B000 700A. Always siphon some brake fluid from reservoir

before replacing brake pads.

Refer to Cautions and Warnings in Repair Manual (AESIS) . brake section, before beginning work on vehicle hydraulic

system.

CAUTION! Part numbers are for reference only. Always check with your Parts Dept. for the latest parts information.

For an 2003 A4 directly from the manufacturer's internal website. Again I DO NOT AGREE WITH IT and the thread is supposed to be about the '13 A4 Allroad anyway.

• 1 month later...

Archived