LegacyGT.com

2.5i steering wheel upgrade

naimouasta

i have a 2008 2.5i se with the rubber steering wheel. i was looking at used steering wheels and i thought some were expensive. so i looked at getting a new steering wheel from the dealer. looking up part numbers, it looks like i can get a complete specb steering wheel (minus airbag) for $250. freaking awesome considering what used steering wheels are going for.

i want to kind of confirm though. i went to opposed forces and looked it up. http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_12/steering/steering_column/illustration_3/

according to this, the whole assembly is part number 34311AG27AJC. looks like it includes all cruise control, audio, bluetooth, and si drive buttons right?

i checked the part number at various subaru vendor websites and it shows up as legacy gt limited/specb/limited steering wheel.

i know i won't be able to utilize the audio/bluetooth buttons with the factory single disc stereo, but i plan to use them for aftermarket. i don't really need the si drive buttons which is why i'm also considering the 10-11 wrx steering wheel because it has the bluetooth and audio, but not the si drive. it also has red stitching which i'm not so sure about yet.

for 2009+ wrx it comes with red stitching. i think i'm just going to get the specb one. for $250 its brand new. and it comes with all the bluetooth, audio, cruise, and si drive buttons (although i don't need it).

i don't understand why the 09+ wrx steering wheel is so expensive brand new. they are basically the same.

i have a 2008 2.5i se with the rubber steering wheel. i was looking at used steering wheels and i thought some were expensive. so i looked at getting a new steering wheel from the dealer. looking up part numbers, it looks like i can get a complete specb steering wheel (minus airbag) for $250. freaking awesome considering what used steering wheels are going for.

i want to kind of confirm though. i went to opposed forces and looked it up. http://opposedforces.com/parts/legacy/us_b13/type_12/steering/steering_column/illustration_3/

according to this, the whole assembly is part number 34311AG27AJC. looks like it includes all cruise control, audio, bluetooth, and si drive buttons right?

i checked the part number at various subaru vendor websites and it shows up as legacy gt limited/specb/limited steering wheel.

i know i won't be able to utilize the audio/bluetooth buttons with the factory single disc stereo, but i plan to use them for aftermarket. i don't really need the si drive buttons which is why i'm also considering the 10-11 wrx steering wheel because it has the bluetooth and audio, but not the si drive. it also has red stitching which i'm not so sure about yet.

I am not certain, but I believe that when you buy the wheel, you just buy the wheel. No buttons, accessories, etc. Unless you buy used and it comes with it. All of the new purchases seem to be for just the wheel itself.

When I swapped a GT (leather) wheel into my 2.5i (what an awesome mod, by the way!) it was easy to swap over my stock cruise parts and the blank for the other side. Had I wanted to add SWCs, that would have been the time to do it, but I did not want to mess with the pain of that upgrade.

One thing to note- your steering wheel will often be "off" by 1 tooth clockwise or counter-clockwise at the straightahead point. No matter how you alin the wheel with the splines, it will be off by 1/2 spline. Every member who has done the plastic to leather conversion has had this issue.

It is easily fixed with an alignment, but I wanted to give the heads-up on it.

I am not certain, but I believe that when you buy the wheel, you just buy the wheel. No buttons, accessories, etc. Unless you buy used and it comes with it. All of the new purchases seem to be for just the wheel itself.

yea i'm not sure either, but when looking at the diagram, notice how "1" listed as "STRG WHL ASSY" circles all except airbag. also i just realized the 08-09 legacy's never had bluetooth. the bottom left buttons are also SI drive display buttons. on the 11' wrx/sti is the first time bluetooth was integrated with this style steering wheel. dealership/vendors probably won't know for sure either if i ask them because more than likely they don't have them in stock.

7524420.gif

yea i'm not sure either, but when looking at the diagram, notice how "1" listed as "STRG WHL ASSY" circles all except airbag. also i just realized the 08-09 legacy's never had bluetooth. the bottom left buttons are also SI drive display buttons. on the 11' wrx/sti is the first time bluetooth was integrated with this style steering wheel. dealership/vendors probably won't know for sure either if i ask them because more than likely they don't have them in stock.

https://www.partswebsite.com/stores/partsimages/parts7/7524420.gif

Based on that diagram, you might well be correct. If you order #1, it appears to me that you'd get everything in the box.

This one looked so good I went ahead and bought it after reading this thread. Just arrived today. Perfect shape. Looking forward to putting it in tomorrow.

http://gtspec.com/content/gtspec-d-shaped-steering-wheel-2008-2011-subaru-impreza-wrxsti

i believe they are coming out for the legacy. give them a call and find out. nothing to loose.

If they fit the impreza/wrx, they will fit the legacy (with the same airbag).

Archived