LegacyGT.com

STi sills? Extended/floaty armrest? STi pedals?

akm3

• 1 month later...
Any update with the floaty armrest? I heard some crap about it being delayed for "child safety issues" (ughhhhhh lawyers are killing this country) Anyway, is it possible we will LOSE the floaty-ness nad get stuck with just a flip open compartment? (ugghghhhh) Any news or info? -Allen

Yep I've got the sills :), and I installed the WRX stock pedals and an Autospeed deadpedal: [img]http://www.subaruchallenge.com/Wills/Photos/pedalsnsills.JPG[/img] And the center armrest extension is now availible from the dealers, we've installed a few already.

Opie, when you get the chance, could you snap a few pictures of the extended armrest if you have the chance? I know many people would be interested in seeing how it would look on the car. Also, how does it feel? Can you rest your elbow on it and still drive comfortably?
-ben

Just ditto-ing the above request. Sharp pics of it in the original positione as well as extended...would satisfy many a person's curiosity. Also, although it's been briefly described previously, if you could explain 'exactly' how this thing operates. Where is the 'button' that you push to get it up and out. Is it a 'two stage' system? Does the one for Charcoal interiors have one solid color? The pic for the beige interior model...was two tone...had dark piece in middle. If you could, as accurately as possible, satisfy those type questions, I know folks will find it useful. Thanks in advance.

I spoke to my local dealer parts department last Friday about getting the adjustable center armrest. They called Subaru Parts to learn that availability has been delayed until October due to an apparent redesign. Their computer still shows a price of $144.

[quote name='axis008']Opie, when you get the chance, could you snap a few pictures of the extended armrest if you have the chance? I know many people would be interested in seeing how it would look on the car. Also, how does it feel? Can you rest your elbow on it and still drive comfortably?[/quote] I didn't get it for my car or I'd take a pic for you. I can tell you this, it does NOT add any storage space. When you press the button on it, it lifts up about 2" and forward about 1" and then locks into place. I thought it was kind of gimmicky and didn't offer enough utility for the price...but that's just me. They do come in two colors; beige with a black base (as shown above) and dark gray with a black base to match the cars with the gray interior.

Hm, thanks for replying. That black on beige doesn't seem to match. I wonder why couldn't they just make it match? Also, it looks like since it extends it an inch forward, in the picture it looks like it's blocking part of the cupholder. Is this the case or are my eyes playing tricks on me?
-ben

geez I hope so--I'd have no interest in it otherwise, probably. I mean, a little more height would be nice, but one thing I miss about the legacy is there isn't as much storage space--ANY they could add would be a good thing...(I was used to being able to stash some cd's pr whatever in the bottom bin, and all my change etc in the upper one)

Archived