LegacyGT.com

You Ready For Snow

Just got done cleaning inside and outside, waxing, cleaning the wheels and spraying the underside(6 hours). Now I'm ready for snow. I heard here in Minnesota, we will get a lot of snow this year. So excited and can't wait. Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow already! Tell me your also ready for snow. You got a Subaru, Right? Let's go have some fun!

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You left out thing...what do you have for winter tires ? I have Blazzacks for both cars.

Have you got your snow blower working well ?

I got my old 5hp Ariens running a few weeks back, going to move that one up onto the deck in a few weeks and buy a new Toro 828OEX for the 125ft driveway late next week.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I'm gonna be calling in the next few weeks to set up my alignment appointment for the swap to winter. I'm gonna kill my camber back to 0* and raise the coils back up for some clearance. I've got a set up Hankook Icebears mounted on my stock wheels. Also put my roof rack on a week back.

Summer set up with the rack

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/flat4LGT/DSC_0446.jpg

Last year's winter set up on h-techs (I'm on coils now, so it'll be sitting a lot higher)

http://i939.photobucket.com/albums/ad236/flat4LGT/Leggy/DSC01010.jpg

It's cool; I'm with the band

I'm chomping at the bit for our first snow. It's my first winter with AWD, turbo and snow tires (though I had snows on my old FF DD).

OP, what did you use on the underchassis?

Same here!

Idk where in MA you're from, but there's a place in Peabody that does undercoating for $120 I think. It's crazy messy.. But that's a good price. They're called "Larson's". I'm setting up an appointment soon

Just done this past Monday:

- washed, polished and sealed

- conditioner on all the rubber seals

- aquapel and rain-x on the glass

- Vinylex on the mudflaps to help the snow slide off easier

Also have some X-Ice2s waiting to go on as soon as it the temps hit freezing. I am set.

I bought a nice set of Subaru-original 17-inch rims a few days back and am now on the hunt for some decent winter tires to match. I do a bit of driving through several mountain passes during the winter months and am mindful of what a decent set of tires can mean in ugly weather.

Same here!

Idk where in MA you're from, but there's a place in Peabody that does undercoating for $120 I think. It's crazy messy.. But that's a good price. They're called "Larson's". I'm setting up an appointment soon

what do u mean crazy messy?

Not ready yet, but getting there. I just finished painting my stockers last weekend. Just need to get the center caps done and have them balanced again. Im running conti EWC and love them!

This weekend i hope to be able to wash and wax my car and then order a skid plate next week.

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

Recently applied two coats of klasse after a clay and wolfgang paintwork polish enhancer. Unfortunately my all seasons are at 1/32 and not quite ready to handle the 100+" we typically see during the winter season. I'm in the market...
...Support your LGT community...

I always garage my car and I do not wax my car as often as I would like. But I don't think I will be driving much in the snow this year.

I almost hit the report button. What the hell is wrong with you? Make yourself proud when it rains and your car has a nasty bead on it that rolls off when you put it in reverse to back out of a parking space.

I'm only messing. I wouldn't wax mine as often as I do if it wasn't black. My girlfriend's forester gets sort of neglected because it's white and usually doesn't look as bad as it is. That and the area in which we live is kind of swampy and bugs suck and cleaning said bugs off also sucks.

But doesn't the smell of wax make anyone else a little randy?

I always garage my car and I do not wax my car as often as I would like. But I don't think I will be driving much in the snow this year.

Recently applied two coats of klasse after a clay and wolfgang paintwork polish enhancer. Unfortunately my all seasons are at 1/32 and not quite ready to handle the 100+" we typically see during the winter season. I'm in the market...

I remember those days. When I was 3-5 years old I lived in Clifton Springs, just outside Rochester. We would let the dog out and she would jump of the porch and literally disappear. I could crawl in the holes the dog made back then. Snow in the Finger Lakes and especially up by Ontario is now joke. People in Ohio think we have it bad. I just have to shake my head. They act like all that snow that is on the side of the road might turn into an avalanche at any second and over take the road even though the vaguely grayish matter on the road is actually crystallized salt, not snow.

first season with AWD

Last year was my first season. I had driven AWD and 4x4 in snow before, but coming from a FWD full size car to my Legacy last winter was great. Last year was also the first year I bought snow tires instead of running all seasons year round. I loved every minute of it! Instead of only going out if I absolutely needed to I went out just for fun!

Current: 16 Crosstrek Premium w/ Eyesight & 05 Outback XT 5MT

Past Subies: 14 FXT Premium, 14 WRX hatch, 06 Legacy 2.5i SE 5MT, 98 Outback wagon

I just put stock springs, and all season tires on, as soon as I get it aligned, I'm ready.

Last year I got it right before winter, lowered with over-sized summer tires and no stock parts, so it sat most of the winter. Which annoyed me to own a great winter car that was unusable. I could have driven it, but what fun is a badass winter car in ricer mode?

Last year was my first season with AWD and I loved it. We got a decent amount in SE-WI last year (not as much as you folk in New England), but I was running brand new all-seasons. They were ok, but I'm going to look out for some winter wheels/tires if I can find them for a good price.

This weekend I'll be getting my car ready for winter by cleaning the interior, washing and polishing the exterior and applying some Rain-X. I just filled up my washer reservoir with the orange Rain-X. The weekend after hopefully I can make a skid plate with some polycarbonate I'll be ordering

My plow truck is ready, I have the plow on the atv. Snow/tires and rims at the ready.

I'm not ready. Snow pays my mortgage, so I guess I should tolerate it.;)

Picture from my morning commute. It's here.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/sachilles/2011-10-27_08-38-02_60.jpg

Last year was my first season with AWD and I loved it. We got a decent amount in SE-WI last year (not as much as you folk in New England), but I was running brand new all-seasons. They were ok, but I'm going to look out for some winter wheels/tires if I can find them for a good price.

This weekend I'll be getting my car ready for winter by cleaning the interior, washing and polishing the exterior and applying some Rain-X. I just filled up my washer reservoir with the orange Rain-X. The weekend after hopefully I can make a skid plate with some polycarbonate I'll be ordering

Guy in classies here selling OEM LGT wheels with Blizzaks for $600. Downside, they're purple and green LOL.

Do you have a template for the skid plates? Or are you just gonna fab and go?

My plow truck is ready, I have the plow on the atv. Snow/tires and rims at the ready.

I'm not ready. Snow pays my mortgage, so I guess I should tolerate it.;)

Picture from my morning commute. It's here.

http://i270.photobucket.com/albums/jj91/sachilles/2011-10-27_08-38-02_60.jpg

you guys got hammered up there from the storm, all the roads fixed?

Archived