LegacyGT.com

Perrin inlet install issue! Please help

At least the thing went in WAY easier than it came out. Didn't need a tool or anything, just twisted it right on to the turbo. BOV hose kind of sucked, I'm glad I bought the '08 WRX one.

• 4 years later...
I got mine onto am 05 GT with the original BPV hose. It is a little off, but managed to get it to fit. The key was unbolting the TGVs from the heads so I could maneuver the intake manifold relative to the inlet. Also had to trim back the valve cover vent hose a little to get it to line up right. The fitting Perrin provides for that is a little undersized but you can tighten it down without leaks.

I got mine onto am 05 GT with the original BPV hose. It is a little off, but managed to get it to fit. The key was unbolting the TGVs from the heads so I could maneuver the intake manifold relative to the inlet. Also had to trim back the valve cover vent hose a little to get it to line up right. The fitting Perrin provides for that is a little undersized but you can tighten it down without leaks.

Mine - Perrinn? Cobb? AVO?

Mine - Perrinn? Cobb? AVO?

Perrin. I also had to trim a tab off of the back of the intake manifold to get their PCV connection to fit right, since it sits farther back and higher up than the OEM one. I bought the Perrin after reading fitment is better than the others. After having installed it, I'm really not sure it's worth the extra cost versus a Cobb or even Torque Solutions. That said, I've only ever installed the Perrin.