LegacyGT.com

Front Corner Light Alignment

So while my car was at the shop getting some work done, I asked my mechanic to bend the upper radiator mount back into its proper position. It has been out of alignment for the past 200,000 miles, ever since we got the car in 2000 with "no accident history" (suuuuuurrreee.) Anyway, it meant that the driver's side headlight had a gap between it and the bumper big enough to slide your hand into, and it's always annoyed me. He got both headlights properly aligned, but this has led to another issue. I didn't want to spend any more money having him try to figure it out, but now my marker lights appear to be out of whack. As you can see in the photo below, they don't align right with the headlights and have a significant gap towards the bottom. Does anyone have any ideas as to what I can do to get everything back into alignment? Everything is perfect now except that. (The grille is off center too, but that's my own doing and can be fixed by getting a new one with not-completely-destroyed clips, lol.)

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6057/6259706782_08aba962ce_b.jpg

Well everything sits right except the blinkers now. He drivers side fender was just replaced for other reasons and that is why it sits higher... It's just the way the new panel sits. I just don't get why even the other blinker is messed up. The accident way back when only messed up the left side of the car too, so dunno why the right is like that. So odd...

• I Donated

If you get onto the interstate and go 100 mph and slam on your brakes as hard as you can, the blinkers will bleed out and fall into position.

*** disclaimer - DO NOT do this

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

Maybe it was just the guy that did the body work?? My dad does all the body work on my car, the whole front end was replaced once and then the drivers side fender, marker light, and bumper were replaced again about 2 years after everything was originally replaced. I have never encountered as issue like that.

If you get onto the interstate and go 100 mph and slam on your brakes as hard as you can, the blinkers will bleed out and fall into position.

Dude, I hope you are kidding. You can't bleed blinkers and suggesting I go 100 MPH to solve the problem is just reckless. You need to be more careful what you say since, remember, you are responsible for the actions of others.

Lol, no but seriously, the guy seems to do good body work. I 'unno maybe he messed up - beats me. Will have to mess with stuff.

Archived